Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uh i mean Valentine's day. yes happy valentines day!

what is everyone doing for their significant other this year?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Making her a gourmet meal i got off the food network.Sent her some flowers at work with another vase full at home.Balloons ,some stuffed animals ,and {SEES of course}Gotta get my fav too ya know..

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Gotta get my fav too ya know rod out ready to go fishing when she returns home. She carn't complain as I have bribed her well today.

Just my guess. :lol:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
johnguz76 said:
Making her a gourmet meal i got off the food network.Sent her some flowers at work with another vase full at home.Balloons ,some stuffed animals ,and {SEES of course}Gotta get my fav too ya know..
Just make sure it isnt this type of See's candy, just caught your post and had seen this earlier, just a FYI--------- conf: see link below

http://www.sees.com/seeshtm/recall_press_release.htm

·
Registered
475 Posts
I picked my sweetie up at her work where I delivered a custom order of a dozen long stem red roses. We just got back from lunch; I took 3 hours off work so I could take her to Salty’s at Redondo. We had a front row center table; the food was good, the service was excellent and the weather was perfect. Both of us were wishin’ we were fishin’.

Two pounds of See’s in a red heart shaped box waiting for her at home with a really mushy card.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
VD day again... man you guys make a man look bad, 'cept Quill, I can't let Shopwhenever see this thread or she'll think she's getting shorted (don't go there)...

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I surprised my wife with a new wedding ring. I had a local jeweler put her existing diamonds into a nicer white gold setting. :eek: She was surprised to say the least. I presented it to her last night by getting on one knee and asking her to marry me again. She said "yes" I suppose I can go fishing more often now. :lol:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Yuk what some men have to go thro just to catch a few fish. :roll:

Good un Steely at least you wont have to wash up for a day or two. :lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
steelyden said:
I surprised my wife with a new wedding ring. I had a local jeweler put her existing diamonds into a nicer white gold setting. :eek: She was surprised to say the least. I presented it to her last night by getting on one knee and asking her to marry me again. She said "yes" I suppose I can go fishing more often now. :lol:
How many years have you been married? clap: Very awesome!! I got an anniversary ring :D 18 diamonds........man I must be doing something right!! Love that Duro guy wink: Talk about being surprised :eek: made my heart go pitter patter all over again, after 20 years.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
icatchum said:
steelyden said:
How many years have you been married? clap: Very awesome!! I got an anniversary ring :D 18 diamonds........man I must be doing something right!! Love that Duro guy wink: Talk about being surprised :eek: made my heart go pitter patter all over again, after 20 years.
25 last July. 18 diamonds..nice! That's almost a diamond per year of marriage..was that a coincidence Duro? or have you just backed yourself into a corner when 30 comes around?? :lol:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
This is the busiest time of year for me. Her birthday was the day before, on the 13th. Then Valentines Day needed to be covered. Then our anniversary is on Valentines Day also. We have been together for 23 years and married for 18.

I must be doing something right. She lets me fish any time I want and even goes with me when the weather is nicer.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Valentines day = Tdown: nothing but a hallmark holiday for the big co's to make some more bucks and make the girlies feel special. Sorry for the cynical attitude I just dont see the need for a day where men are guilted into buying even more stuff for their girlfriends/wives. As if we dont buy them enough stuff already. Lol just venting, ended up dropping some money on a place my girlfriend wanted to eat at and it ended up being sub-parr at best. My two cents worth

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Major said:
This is the busiest time of year for me. Her birthday was the day before, on the 13th. Then Valentines Day needed to be covered. Then our anniversary is on Valentines Day also. We have been together for 23 years and married for 18.

I must be doing something right. She lets me fish any time I want and even goes with me when the weather is nicer.
My wifes is on the 13th of Feb as well. I know better than to try and blanket the two with one gift though LOL :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Aaron said:
Major said:

My wifes is on the 13th of Feb as well. I know better than to try and blanket the two with one gift though LOL :mrgreen:
Yup, I also know better too. It's 3 cards and 3 gifts or I might be missing a good fishing partner and have to sleep in the truck.

But at least the gifts don't have to be expensive. She loves flowers that grow from bulbs so this year she got 3 different kinds of tulips, all in full bloom so she can see how they will look. She liked one type so much I even went back to the store and got some more of that type for her. That made big points with her too.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I bought myself a new gun, and then went on a business trip. We did exchange cards the night before however. I know I know, just too romantic......

·
Super Moderator
32,972 Posts
steelyden said:
18 diamonds..nice! That's almost a diamond per year of marriage..was that a coincidence Duro?
I was looking for something with 20 but could not find anything that wasn't real gaudy or that the diamonds were just dust.
The one I found has 12 marquise cut and 6 square cut.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts