Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for walleye on Saturday, caught one about 5#. The better story is the water is 68', nice and cool. Not many salmon around yet, but if the water stays cool, it will be good fishing when the arrive in the next week or so!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sounds like fun !

Always wanted to try try both of those fisheries ! I’ve seen some nice fish caught over near there when we’ve been hunting and chasing birds in the early upland season.

Hope it gets good for ya’s !

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like fun !

Always wanted to try try both of those fisheries ! I’ve seen some nice fish caught over near there when we’ve been hunting and chasing birds in the early upland season.

Hope it gets good for ya’s !
Bring your boat! Lots of chukars (and rattlesnakes!) on the south side of the river across from the Jackson Creek fish camp.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for the invite !

Not sure my 17 foot Smokercraft Lodge would be adequate on the big river when windy. Although it is tempting, and not far from where we stay near Beverly /Matawa when we chase birds ? Although with the new 60 hp replacing the old 40 hp outboard, it does get off the water quickly in an emergency ! ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the invite !

Not sure my 17 foot Smokercraft Lodge would be adequate on the big river when windy. Although it is tempting, and not far from where we stay near Beverly /Matawa when we chase birds ? Although with the new 60 hp replacing the old 40 hp outboard, it does get off the water quickly in an emergency ! ;)

View attachment 43235
It will be fine in the Vernita area. I fished out of a 16' for years there with a 35 on it. A word of caution is not to run up or down too close to shore, many finger bars stick out into the river and some days it could be low water. Hard to see when running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts