Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sunday i am going with my aunt for my b-day (6 more days!! wink: :D ) to guitar center to get a guitar, i was looking at the epiphone les paul standard they are $900 guitars and have the black color refurbs for only $299, looks like a great guitar

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
They are a good instrument for the price. Just make sure you get one with a straight neck. Ask the salesman to eye the neck for you if you don't know how to do it. Guitar Center goes through a lot of inventory and they don't always check each guitar as they come off the truck. Have fun!!!!!

What amp are you using?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i will actually get the les paul 100, its new and only $269, i don't have an amp yet, but i wont be able to get one sunday because i dont want to make my aunt spend that much,

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I can't believe what the Gibson's are costing nowadays.

I bought a black Gibson Les Paul Custom in 1978 for $799.

They want more than 3 grand for one now! :eek:

Fluff... how straight can the bolt-on neck on a production model guitar be? Most of the kids that work at the various Guitar Center's probably wouldn't know what to look for anyway.

Bass-master - When you buy the guitar... ask if they'll throw in a free "setup"... which is a truss-rod adjustment (if necessary) fret dressing and intonation check. Guitar Center has this work done by a guy named Randy who has a shop next to the Seattle store.

Congrats on getting your guitar.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
What happened to the drum set you wanted me to buy for you??? :?

Bet your Mam saw what you had written and grounded you for a week. :lol:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Don't worry young un I knew you were.

Bet folk around you soon will be putting their houses up for sale once you start trying to play that guitar. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts