Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The resort I work for in Alaska is looking for a few guides. Were located on the west coast of Prince of Wales Is. and only fish the salt, mooching for salmon and bottom fishing, no freshwater fishing. You will need a minimum OUPV/near coastal license as well as current firstaid/CPR cards and pass a pre-employment UA. The season runs from May 10th to early Sept., room and board is provided as well as the float plane trip from Ketchikan, you do have to get yourself to Ketchikan.
You will be kept busy working 10-12 hour days with very few days off once the season gets going in late May, if anyone is interested, or has any questions let me know and I can give you contact info for the resort.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
How much does it pay? I've always thought about something like this. :D

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Sorry Bruce but you will have to stay at home. Avis always needs somebody to wash the dishes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Scott,
Even if I remotely qualified...the wife would have my 'nads on a hook....sounds like fun though....if only?

Just about that time already, let's fish before you leave.

mm

·
Registered
701 Posts
Damn I love the salt fishing for salmon, nothing like that rod folding over, if I wasnt already in ak this summer id be heading your way......

·
Registered
520 Posts
Musicman said:
Scott,
Even if I remotely qualified...the wife would have my 'nads on a hook....sounds like fun though....if only?

mm
couldnt sum it up any better for myself as well... I was almost hooked up with a guide job a few years ago... now im married... permanent job, house payment and can only dream of guiding in alaska!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Musicman said:
Scott,

mm
John, can she cook? or bar tend? how about any retail experience? wink:

We'll hit the river soon, won't be long till the springers start showing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts