Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up this morning and looked outside and said to myself do I really want to do this. Poured rain all the way to the Carbody Hole said to myself do I really want to do this. Walked in to the river and started a the head of the run and worked my way down in the rain drifting a 50/50 Dick Nite on a 3' leader with Sand Shrimp gel just enough weight to keep it close to the bottom. Caught 2 12" Cutthroat and a Carp. Then about half way down the run the rain quit and the sun tried to come out then Mr. Steelhead came calling nice 5 min. fight hatchery fish bonked on the head 33" long 16" girth just a little rose on the cheek. Heard of 2 other fish caught between the Car Body Hole and Hwy. 18

Glad I went!

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
Well done, you really did want to. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was planning fishing the green today with cmessling... We didn't. That was my last chance to catch some western washington steel as I am heading back to WSU tommorow morning. Good work on the fish and good work making me regret not heading out!

James

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Nice report, glad to hear some caught on the Green Tup:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thanks so much for your report, it is encouraging. I pounded the lower river from the soccer fields to the golf course and saw nothing and had not a hit. This was on Friday. Will be looking again this week I hope.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
john s, By the chart it was 11.90 lbs. by my 25 year old spring scale it was 11.50.

Zvic733, No digital camera yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts