Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the Green River this week? It went up quite a bit last weekend but has been dropping all week down to around 2500 and 56.50 this morning. With nice weather this weekend I'm going to hit it Saturday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went by issac evans park yesterday around 4pm and it was still murky but it was alot better than last weekend and alot lower it should be fine by saturday. I will try this weekend myself. good luck

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I fished for an hour up at the rearing ponds yesterday. Water was high - about 2 feet of the big rock was out of the water but steelhead green. Unfortunately the steelhead did not realize it. :(

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
eddie said:
I fished for an hour up at the rearing ponds yesterday. Water was high - about 2 feet of the big rock was out of the water but steelhead green. Unfortunately the steelhead did not realize it. :(
i feel ya, it friggin' pisses me off when the steelies dont know its time to bite! :D Tup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how long the float is from Whitney bridge to Hwy 18? I know its about 8 miles of river but not sure how many hours. Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
It depends on how you fish. if your a sidedrifter it would probably take 1/2 day. If you like to drop anchor and fish and/or pull plugs in the nice spots you could spend 6-8 hours easy doing that float.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Black Diamond Road bridge is down river of the boat take out. That reg. applies below the drift there talking about.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I would plan on 8+ hours. I haven't been down in months but if you start at 10am you may well be pulling out in the dark.

Also, any word on the log jam or jams? Last I knew, there was just one log in deep water that made for a hairy drag but there is no telling what the situation is with lumber in the river now.

I say start early, pack a lunch and don't plan anything else that day.... Then report back with pictures!!!! Tup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
cmessling07 said:
eddie said:
i feel ya, it friggin' pisses me off when the steelies dont know its time to bite! :D Tup:
Back in the old days it was unusual to not bring home a couple of steelies. I'm talking early 70's of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts