Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate this one being beat to death, but does anyone know if the logjam in the Green below Metzlers (above 18) is passable in a Drift Boat? How long of a drag is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
according to the 11 trailers i saw at whitney 2 weeks ago,.....yea you can apparently get through. the question is with all the drift boat traffic latley can you find a hole to fish? sick:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was told that someone cleared it with a chainsaw...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I floated it on Monday and the river flow was about 700 cfs. We had no problem going over 1 log that was completly under water. So its mostly cleared out but if a log finds its way down river with high water we'll have another jam. As for the fishing report it was slowwwww and COLD!!!! I lost one fish right after I hooked it but that was it for the day :cry:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Loctite said:
I floated it on Monday and the river flow was about 700 cfs. We had no problem going over 1 log that was completly under water. So its mostly cleared out but if a log finds its way down river with high water we'll have another jam. As for the fishing report it was slowwwww and COLD!!!! I lost one fish right after I hooked it but that was it for the day :cry:
Wow. I'm wondering where your measuring point was for the 700 cfm if your speaking of Monday the 14th???
I ask because I keep daily, and often times 4 times daily, records from http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa. I show that it was at 1710 cfm at 08:30 and at 2110 cfm at 19:30 on that day. On Moday the 21st (yesterday) it was at 1120 cfm in the morning hours, missed recording the hour. This was at the Auburn gage btw. :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
the kid 2 said:
Loctite said:
Wow. I'm wondering where your measuring point was for the 700 cfm if your speaking of Monday the 14th???
I ask because I keep daily, and often times 4 times daily, records from http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa. I show that it was at 1710 cfm at 08:30 and at 2110 cfm at 19:30 on that day. On Moday the 21st (yesterday) it was at 1120 cfm in the morning hours, missed recording the hour. This was at the Auburn gage btw. :)
I look at what is going out of the Dam ( Howard Hanson). I dont need to know what it is in Auburn when I'm way above that. I always look at the Dam becouse thats the start. It also can take up to 12hrs for the water to reach Auburn. Just a better point of referance. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Talked to a buddy who took his pontoon down. He said he checked and it was about 1800 when he did it and said the log was about a foot or so below the surface. He figured as long as it doesn't gather any more debris, the worst you have to rock your boat over it as the water level drops. I also talked to a guy, and he said he passed just fine (last Saturday morning). I figured with all the trailers at Whitney Bridge, it must have been pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Aaron said:
Talked to a buddy who took his pontoon down. He said he checked and it was about 1800 when he did it and said the log was about a foot or so below the surface. He figured as long as it doesn't gather any more debris, the worst you have to rock your boat over it as the water level drops. I also talked to a guy, and he said he passed just fine (last Saturday morning). I figured with all the trailers at Whitney Bridge, it must have been pretty easy.
He must have been looking at the Auburn levels.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Terry W. last night @ PSA Save our Fish meeting had a picture of himself going thru the log jam. I assumed it was the lower(below Hwy 18) log jam.
BTW he did a great job on his Float Fishing presentation. Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
OneMoreKast said:
Terry W. last night @ PSA Save our Fish meeting had a picture of himself going thru the log jam. I assumed it was the lower(below Hwy 18) log jam.
BTW he did a great job on his Float Fishing presentation. Tup: Tup:
I don't think even a 500 year flood event would move that jam, Have to wait for Mt. Ranier's lahars to move that one nuke:

·
Registered
227 Posts
ImaginThat said:
I don't think even a 500 year flood event would move that jam, Have to wait for Mt. Ranier's lahars to move that one nuke:
3 weeks ago it appeared the water has been working its way north down for some time. Terry's got a picture of himself sliding thru in his pontoon.

Shoot ask Mystical Phil he talks to Terry.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
OneMoreKast said:
ImaginThat said:
3 weeks ago it appeared the water has been working its way north down for some time. Terry's got a picture of himself sliding thru in his pontoon.

Shoot ask Mystical Phil he talks to Terry.
The one BELOW 18 or the one up by Metzler? Geez next time I'm down there at the elbow may have to go take a look :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts