Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Green river for the first time this morning. Water was a little high, but the color was good. Fished the Flaming Geyser area, and headed upstream to a couple of other runs. Stopped by Witney bridge for a bit, and fished by the hatchery. Got skunked and never saw anyone else touch a fish. Threw eggs, shrimp, and corkies and yarn. Had a great time with a good friend though, and saw some excellent water. Looks like an awesome fishery. Guess today just wasn't the day.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Well, that's two days in a row of abysmal fishing on the Green. Maybe that means they'll be good and hungry and ready for me tomorrow :)

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
they seem to be down lower right now. I hooked and lost one yesterday and an older gent fishing downstream from me lost one also. When the level comes down abit, I'll be hitting the Metzler area to F.G. Good you got out Vic.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been workin' my butt off getting the new store opened and running. Was nice just to stomp around the river, even if it wasn't hot.
Forgot to mention, for everybody's entertainment, was walking backward out of the river (dumb) and tripped over a rock. Luckily it wasn't very deep, but had a cold arm for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
zvic733 said:
was walking backward out of the river (dumb) and tripped over a rock. Luckily it wasn't very deep, but had a cold arm for the rest of the day.
Man, I feel so sorry for you. :lol:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
zvic733 said:
Been workin' my butt off getting the new store opened and running. Was nice just to stomp around the river, even if it wasn't hot.
Forgot to mention, for everybody's entertainment, was walking backward out of the river (dumb) and tripped over a rock. Luckily it wasn't very deep, but had a cold arm for the rest of the day.
Nothing like leaving a little hardware in the river to pass the day.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Red Neckersom said:
zvic733 said:
was walking backward out of the river (dumb) and tripped over a rock. Luckily it wasn't very deep, but had a cold arm for the rest of the day.
Man, I feel so sorry for you. :lol:
Why don't I believe you?
I guess that's what friends are for. So long as there's no damage, there's always a beating due :D .

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
GillRaker said:
They started dumping water. Check the guage.
Gage at Auburn is at 55.98 and @ 2110 cfm at 7:45 PM. Way to much water.
I like it at about 54.50 or there about's with about 900 to 1000 cfm. That's when I see fish.
A rising river like it is now, (55.50 at 8:30 this morning and almost 60.00 now) puts fish off the bite. It needs to start back down before it gets my interest up again. Then look out, FG, Metzlers and O' Grady here I come.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv?cb ... o=12113000

·
Banned
733 Posts
zvic733 said:
Last week i went out and hit the river with one of my girl friends and towards the end of the day ( 8 hours in cold snowy weather) she asked," Have you ever fallen in the river?" I laughed at her and said no. Not even ten min later i fell straight on my ass in water up to my chest when i was sitting in the water. Luckly my wading jacked kept the water from coming into my waders. Pretty embarassing though :D But unlike you it was on my last cast and i was on my way out so didnt have to fish with the wet arms. I found out that falling in the river is not fun though.
Omar

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
the kid 2 said:
GillRaker said:
They started dumping water. Check the guage.
Gage at Auburn is at 55.98 and @ 2110 cfm at 7:45 PM. Way to much water.
I like it at about 54.50 or there about's with about 900 to 1000 cfm. That's when I see fish.
A rising river like it is now, (55.50 at 8:30 this morning and almost 60.00 now) puts fish off the bite. It needs to start back down before it gets my interest up again. Then look out, FG, Metzlers and O' Grady here I come.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv?cb ... o=12113000
I dunno about this. I've seen plenty of fish caught in high water. Just gotta change your technique.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts