Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear it was frozen last week. Anyone know if it is fishable? I have a buddy going over this weekend and we were just wondering?

·
Registered
504 Posts
It is open and fishable, it was very good Friday and Saturday, but Sunday was a bit slow.
It is in good shape and should be good fishing until late march.
Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! Headin' out tonight and back on Sunday.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hasn't been frozen at all! The waters been staying up at around 1800 cfs with the snowmelt, with a foot or two of visibility. The next few weeks are gonna be prime!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang, now I wish I was going.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
500 Posts
How are the fish holding up? Probably great for an egg harvest, but meat has got to be the "Other white meat"! The bucks I caught back on November 9 2007 were Way dark and the meat was starting to go pale. The hens had a sheen of brightness but that was 4 months ago.. I would not complain about harvesting a limit of fat hatchery hens though

Here is the GR Chromers from November 9, 2007

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
I got a really bright fish out of there last month, and all the ones we've kept up til now have had decently orange firm meat, and even the eggs have been solid and small.... They're getting dark now but those fish are made to last a bit longer than most.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was there last week and the water was at great fishing levels, we stayed from mon-wed and between the two of us we caught 18 steelies, and we fished in teeshirts for most of the day(unless you were fishing a shady spot) there was no ice and the camping was great nice bright moon and a lunar eclipse, it was a blast I will post some pictures when I get them Tup: have a good time I love it down there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts