Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know and many kid me here. I love my Shimano reels. My stradic always fished well and got me some nice comments on the river. Something about the color and my manhood wink:

Well I had my last Shimano Stradic 2500 that I bought last year but had not used go bad in Sept fighting the mighty fighting Pinks. :eek: The gearing tightened up and I brought it to my buddys at GiJoes in Lake Stevens. They nicely replaced it with the only new one they had left. It was a demo and looked fine.

I had not used this one until last weekend on the Skagit to side drift. I immediatly noticed the bail was tweaked. In fairness I dont know if I somehow did this or it was like it. Then I noticed a crack in the casing on the reel handle end. :x

Not knowing if I was pushing my luck I took it back to Joes and showed them. Not asking for anything and being well liked by the guys there, they said the Stradic in white had been discountinued and the new silver Stradic was not shipped to them yet.

Drats..... :( But then the Sales manager said, we have the new Stradic 2500 Mg magnessium model in. Just got the floor model yesterday and not even put it out yet.

It retails for $189.69 compared to the credit for the standard model I have for $119.95 Plus he said they will give me 15% off for my trouble. :) I said sure before they had a chance to change there mind. Then even better I get to the checkout and it rings up at only $145.95 on clearance???? I ask how is new one on clearance. Well it seems Shimano used the same barcode for the white old 2500mg model and that one was clearanced.

Not wanting bad karma I say I should pay the new price. They said NO! We ring up as is and you sir just got the 189 buck model for only $1.42 after your 15% and refund credit! YAHOO!!

Always wanted a nice light MG model. Concerned at its salt water ability I researched and found its made for salt as well. Not that I will use it much there. Has better drags and rates almost as well as the very high priced Stella!

I am stocked!

If you have a Joes near you I bet you could get it at the 145 buck mark.

Here is the review!

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshimano ... 0mgfa.html

Guess I have some good karma this week wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I heard that the magnesium reels are not good for saltwater.

But what do I know... I use $10 graphite spinning reels in the salt.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
volynsky said:
I heard that the magnesium reels are not good for saltwater.

But what do I know... I use $10 graphite spinning reels in the salt.
I had heard the same and it is true. However this real is sealed and treated and as the review said it withstands a sports use on the salt. Shimano even advertises it as such. However I wont push it. This will be for rivers as usual anyway wink:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Nice pick up Tup:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You lucky dawg you. We'll have to field test that thing on some bruiser nates to see if it's up to par. wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts