Game Fishing Forum banner

Got a New Toy

4K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  gear addict 
#1 ·
Picked this up today from work. Remington 700 VTR in .223. On sale this week, plus it comes with free Leupold rings and bases. Now I just gotta figure out what glass to put on it. :mrgreen:

See less See more
#30 ·
gear addict said:
Hey Brent...Have you gave it any thought about doing any type of barrel break in procedure?
I keep reading various opinions on this. Some say it doesn't actually do anything to help the gun, while others say it is a must do in order to have an accurate rifle. I did the break-in procedure on my pistol of 1 shot then clean, 2 shots then clean, all the way up to ten shots. For cleaning, the shop just said to run the bore snake through it with some cleaner on it. Not sure what I should do for the .223. conf:

#32 ·
Cool!!! Not bad at all for the first time out. You just tried the 50gr right? UltraMax is made by Blackhills. They load those with Nosler Ballistic tips. I have a friend that bought a couple thousand of the 40gr. He lives down by Lacey. I'll see if I can swipe 10 or 15 the next time I see him.
If you were a reloader I could really fix you up with bullits, and powder to try, but I don't have much in the line of factory ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.