Game Fishing Forum banner

Got a New Toy

4K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  gear addict 
#1 ·
Picked this up today from work. Remington 700 VTR in .223. On sale this week, plus it comes with free Leupold rings and bases. Now I just gotta figure out what glass to put on it. :mrgreen:

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm not sure what the factory trigger pull is, but it feels lighter than my older model 700. This has their newer X-Mark trigger on it which is also adjustable. I'm going to shoot it on saturday before doing any trigger work to see what it shoots like.

#11 ·
gear addict said:
Are you going to shoot ar kenmore Brent?
Hey! What kind of ammo did you pick up? Black Hills?
Yeah, I'm gonna head to Kenmore. Ya wanna go? I haven't picked up any ammo yet. All we sell at work is the Remington UMC, American Eagle, and the Remington Express Hollow Points. Do you suggest black hills?

#12 ·
The Black Hills stuff has been working incredibly good for me. Pick up different stuff at first though, you'll find something your rifle really likes. I've had great luck with anything loading the V-Max bullets. Post some results after you take it out, I'm curious in that VTR also, and actually that scope too.

#13 ·
Black Hills works in a lot of guns. I know guys that reload that shoot it. Reloading supply costs are going thru the roof. Black Hills shoots so good in a couple of my guns I might stock up on some myself when I run low. Its that time of year were if it works for you ya better stock up. The shelves could be empty like last year.
I've been thinking about going. I need to shoot a new gun, and I have a few guns I need to poke a few holes with, but the conditions need to be good.

#16 ·
Might want to check out the Puyallup or Monroe gunshows...............always great prices on bulk ammo there.............
I've got a ton of Wolf .223 that won't feed into my Oly Arms AR's, got a few thousand rounds at the Puy show a couple years ago for something like 75.00 per K............not the ideal round for varmints, being it's ball ammo, but great for plinkin.

#18 ·
Nice looking new piece you got there!!! I alomst got a Nikon scope for my white gold medialon was really nice bright and crisp... but ended up with a Ziess

#22 ·
I would like to know how it shot also. The only reviews I could find online showed the .223 doing better with the bigger grain bullets. The only review I saw on the .308 the guy talked about doing 175gr and getting good groups. I looked at one today at Joes, and they look cool. I have been debating getting a shorter rifle, and had looked at mountain rifles, but these are about the same length.

#23 ·
X5fishinmachine said:
Antlershed,
Did you get a chance to dial that puppy in over the weekend?
How's that factory trigger??
We were gonna go shooting on Saturday, but GA talked me into going fishing, so blame him. :lol: This saturday I will be shooting it for sure. I picked up some Black Hills ammo and am ready to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.