Game Fishing Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
I would like to know how it shot also. The only reviews I could find online showed the .223 doing better with the bigger grain bullets. The only review I saw on the .308 the guy talked about doing 175gr and getting good groups. I looked at one today at Joes, and they look cool. I have been debating getting a shorter rifle, and had looked at mountain rifles, but these are about the same length.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
X5fishinmachine said:
Antlershed,
Did you get a chance to dial that puppy in over the weekend?
How's that factory trigger??
We were gonna go shooting on Saturday, but GA talked me into going fishing, so blame him. :lol: This saturday I will be shooting it for sure. I picked up some Black Hills ammo and am ready to go.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
gear addict said:
Hey Brent...Have you gave it any thought about doing any type of barrel break in procedure?
I keep reading various opinions on this. Some say it doesn't actually do anything to help the gun, while others say it is a must do in order to have an accurate rifle. I did the break-in procedure on my pistol of 1 shot then clean, 2 shots then clean, all the way up to ten shots. For cleaning, the shop just said to run the bore snake through it with some cleaner on it. Not sure what I should do for the .223. conf:

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Well, it shoots. :D No spectacular groups today, but some 3-shot groups that were less than an inch. The factory trigger is pretty good, much better than the older triggers from the factory. I will be doing some work to it though.

Cool!!! Not bad at all for the first time out. You just tried the 50gr right? UltraMax is made by Blackhills. They load those with Nosler Ballistic tips. I have a friend that bought a couple thousand of the 40gr. He lives down by Lacey. I'll see if I can swipe 10 or 15 the next time I see him.
If you were a reloader I could really fix you up with bullits, and powder to try, but I don't have much in the line of factory ammo.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.