Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up today from work. Remington 700 VTR in .223. On sale this week, plus it comes with free Leupold rings and bases. Now I just gotta figure out what glass to put on it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
That'll work! Plug your ears Brent.....
I must not be doing my homework, I have not seen that rifle in any of my magazines.
You might have a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 5x15. They are only around 329.00 and they work.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, regular price is $629, on sale for $599 and there is also a $50 mail-in rebate. The rings/bases are a $40 value as well.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sweet looking gun. What's the theory on the triangular barrel? Is that supposed to help dampen the harmonic vibrations?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what the factory trigger pull is, but it feels lighter than my older model 700. This has their newer X-Mark trigger on it which is also adjustable. I'm going to shoot it on saturday before doing any trigger work to see what it shoots like.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got done mounting the glass on it. I picked up a Nikon 4.5-14x40 Buckmasters Scope since I'm on a bit tighter budget. Can't wait to get out Saturday with it.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gear addict said:
Are you going to shoot ar kenmore Brent?
Hey! What kind of ammo did you pick up? Black Hills?
Yeah, I'm gonna head to Kenmore. Ya wanna go? I haven't picked up any ammo yet. All we sell at work is the Remington UMC, American Eagle, and the Remington Express Hollow Points. Do you suggest black hills?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Black Hills stuff has been working incredibly good for me. Pick up different stuff at first though, you'll find something your rifle really likes. I've had great luck with anything loading the V-Max bullets. Post some results after you take it out, I'm curious in that VTR also, and actually that scope too.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Black Hills works in a lot of guns. I know guys that reload that shoot it. Reloading supply costs are going thru the roof. Black Hills shoots so good in a couple of my guns I might stock up on some myself when I run low. Its that time of year were if it works for you ya better stock up. The shelves could be empty like last year.
I've been thinking about going. I need to shoot a new gun, and I have a few guns I need to poke a few holes with, but the conditions need to be good.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
X5fishinmachine said:
Antlershed,
Did the bipod come with the gun?
Nah, I stole the bipod off my .17 and threw it on there. I'm trying to track down some Black Hills ammo right now.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Might want to check out the Puyallup or Monroe gunshows...............always great prices on bulk ammo there.............
I've got a ton of Wolf .223 that won't feed into my Oly Arms AR's, got a few thousand rounds at the Puy show a couple years ago for something like 75.00 per K............not the ideal round for varmints, being it's ball ammo, but great for plinkin.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Nice looking new piece you got there!!! I alomst got a Nikon scope for my white gold medialon was really nice bright and crisp... but ended up with a Ziess

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They were on sale at Joe's last week, and from what I have seen have the cheapest regular retail price on them at $629. Sportsman's is $649 and Cabelas has them at $699.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts