GoPro in Puget Sound Crab Pot | Gamefishin.com

GoPro in Puget Sound Crab Pot

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Fishin'! The best fishin' community on' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kick it up to minute 3:00, the action starts there, very educational to watch these crab fight for 15 minutes to get in and cant. makes me love my 360 pots! sorry cant seem to get the youtube tv to work on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jG0TDETmtw

2. oneshot

oneshot New Member

there is some great crabbing vids on Youtube.. wish i could get out there!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this one is interesting because it shows how long these crab fought and not one of them ever made it in

4. aznite

aznite Member

Dang! Glad i got the 360 trap! All those crabs and not one went in?! They must be BIG!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they were, all the big ones could not get in, i still have 4 of those traps, makes me want to make my doors bigger :shock:

6. JLR

JLR Member

cool... but if you look on the bottom little left of center you can see the door has a white wire tie keeping it closed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dont think so, if you watch the whole video the main crab pushes the door open once Tup:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i went back and watched it, when the pot hits the water the door flies open then shut Tup: wow those pots really do suck or those were some very dumb crab :lol:

9. bing

bing Active Member

The door doesn't open all the way at any point in the video... are they jammed or tied partially shut? maybe...

Even the biggest of crab could fit thru the doors on that pot.

I've fished quite a few cheap black pots just like this for years and always had good production assuming they were baited properly.

10. bing

bing Active Member

11. bing

bing Active Member

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

right after it hits the water it flies 90 degrees in if you blow it up and watch slo-mo. so we know it opens. i think i might leave a comment and ask though im curious seems overly difficult for them conf:

13. bing

bing Active Member

I watched the beginning a few more times, I see 20 degrees at the most

14. bing

bing Active Member

I like to leave some hanging bait bungeed to the outside of the bait cage also and I always leave a female in the pot to speed the chumming process up.

15. jimh

jimh Well-Known Member

Cool. Looks like the bait holder needs to be in the bottom of the pot. The crab seem to want to go in the same height as the bait. In general, I agree the pots aren't great. Its way too hard to get the crab in the pot.

Search tags for this page

gopro fishing puget sound 2015

puget sound gopro