Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good reel for leaded line.I know i probably wont get a whole spool of 12lb on a reel but was hoping too.What do you guys suggest for a good inexpensive reel?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
This "Rhino" reel from Zebco/Quantum is an awesome value. I've got one set-up on my wifes downrigger rod, and while very affordable has been a great reel. It should hold the whole length of your leaded 12# line. Model # RBCXL

·
Registered
86 Posts
A cheap single action fly reel works great for leaded line especially when combined with a fiberglass or other soft action rod.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Look around for an old Penn 9, 10, or 109. They hold plenty of leaded line, and aren't to bulkky on most rods.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Quantum now has a single-action knuckle buster too. I fished with if for the first time last Saturday, and now I'm hooked? It was great for d/r fishing, and it was a blast fighting my scrappy little blackmouth! I'll have to go take a pic, as I can't find one on the www. They retail for under $40. The only local retailer I'm aware-of with inventory is Auburn Sports.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts