Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota became the first non US made car since 1954 to win a Nascar race when Kyle Bush won today!!! Toyota was 2nd with Tony Stewart as well. Way to go!!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Good job Busch, I liked it better last week though when Stewart DNF. Damn Edwards, he didn't help my fantasy league any this week.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Man I wanted Jr. to win that race. Its only a matter of time! As far as Toyota goes those of us who are against it better get used to it. They have put some pretty damn good race cars out there the last couple of weeks!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Freekin' Toyota. :evil: They don't belong in NASCAR. Tdown: I could give a RA where they are built. They're freekin' rice burners, V8's and all. If it wasn't for Gibbs they would be where they belong, at the back of the pack catching fire and crashing into walls. clown:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
alot of it is the talent of kyle busch. he also was a contender in the 5 car last year, but didnt have the patience to take it anywhere. this year will be different, that is until the 48, 24 and 88 find there groove and start mopping the floor with everyone! Tup:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
MAD.CAM.AL said:
Freekin' Toyota. :evil: They don't belong in NASCAR. Tdown: I could give a RA where they are built. They're freekin' rice burners, V8's and all. If it wasn't for Gibbs they would be where they belong, at the back of the pack catching fire and crashing into walls. clown:
Easy Howard, go to your happy place... take a few breaths...

I'm as disappointed as you are but I don't think it'll change anything.

My beloved sport has changed and I can't say it's for the better. I guess it's a sign for me to spend less time on Nascar and more time with my kids, working on the house, fishing, and even possibly with my wife.

:cry:

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
This will only serve to make the sport more competitive. Tup:

When "rice burners" were introduced to the US it forced auto makers to improve their product. Now we have better American made cars and trucks because of it. clap:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
viperman said:
Toyota will win a lot of CUP races this year for sure.
This is for sure, viperman. I will agree there.

eggster said:
alot of it is the talent of kyle busch. he also was a contender in the 5 car last year, but didnt have the patience to take it anywhere. this year will be different, that is until the 48, 24 and 88 find there groove and start mopping the floor with everyone! Tup:
Yup. But you forgot the 99. Tup:

Keysrob said:
Easy Howard, go to your happy place... take a few breaths...

I'm as disappointed as you are but I don't think it'll change anything.

My beloved sport has changed and I can't say it's for the better. I guess it's a sign for me to spend less time on Nascar and more time with my kids, working on the house, fishing, and even possibly with my wife.

:cry:
Say it ain't so Rob!! Not the wife! :lol:

I hear ya. I'm programming the DVR the rest of the season and doing just that.

fishinfoolz said:
This will only serve to make the sport more competitive. Tup:

When "rice burners" were introduced to the US it forced auto makers to improve their product. Now we have better American made cars and trucks because of it. clap:
Did you own an 80's era American car? I would take a guess and say, NO! I didn't. Wake up call indeed. It will make the sport more competitive but I will not get over the change anytime soon.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Hey now... I had a 1987 Toyota Camry station wagon that was in the family. V6! It didn't accelerate that well, and with 4 of us in there, it turned into a low-rider, but it lasted about 13 years. Finally got into an accident. Destroyed the Honda Accord who tried to cut me off, and a broken headlight on my Camry. I miss it...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
fishinfoolz said:
MAD.CAM.AL said:
Did you own an 80's era American car? .
I did have a 1976 Ford Pinto Wagon. :D :mrgreen:
Please tell me it was not a WOODY :eek: :mrgreen:

I had a friend with a pretty bass arse Pinto with a slightly built 302 and another friend with a bright yellow Vega with a 327. Both fast, and very dangerous :eek:

During the 80's I had a 78 Volvo (262C Bertone Coupe) and a 82' Datsun 200SX. I've been lucky, no lemons ever.

So, Nissan makes a V8...what's from keeping them from spending the money and entering NASCAR? Or anyone with a midsize sedan? Get them their own damn race. :evil:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Mad.Cam.Al said:
So, Nissan makes a V8...what's from keeping them from spending the money and entering NASCAR? Or anyone with a midsize sedan? Get them their own damn race.
The rest of the world kind of does have a superior form of racing... F1, Le Mans, Dakkar, Nurburgring 24hr, Rally car, FIA, etc.

RR... amidoinitrite stirring up the pot? :D

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I like SCCA and some of the European circuits. Open wheel stuff bites now...unless Danika is driving :cool: Tup: hubba hubba :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
personally I dont watch nascar.. a 1000 left turns isnt really excting, and IMO the drivers have less talent then the formula 1 guys.. to me thats racing and japanesse and euro cars are the cars of choice... toyota IMO makes the best trucks/cars on the road.. and I love the rice burner comments, nothing like american muscle right? HA lol i guess if all you want is to go fast is a straight line! handling leaves something to be desired on those 80's cars you spoke of, lets not forget the SUPRA.. now to me thats a car.. inline 6 330hp STOCK... and a gorgeous car and ride. now upgrade some things and magically you have a car with 700-1000hp leaving those "muscle cars" in the dust.... and if you wanted to do some real driving lets say drifting. you wouldnt even have to upgrade to kill the ever so great handling domestic cars......

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I'm all about American made products... but Toyota is just as American made as Ford and Chevy now.

On a lighter note, I drive a Subaru and most American muscle can't keep up in almost every way. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Daimler-Chrysler (Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler) has been German for a couple of years now.
My Ford was assembled in Canada.
Toyota builds vehicles in the U.S.
There are no more "American" car companies.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Actually, Dodge is no longer part of Daimler Chrysler. It is now owned by Cerberus Capital Management, one of the largest US private equity companies.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts