Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the signing of Julius Jones this surely will end Alexanders career with Seattle.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Sounds like a Niner signing. Chatter is JJones is not a good back and has lots of baggage. Hope they did not waste money...

c/p from Fox sports chat

teddd
3/7/2008
8:38 PM (report inappropriate content)

hey dipshat

BLEEP you, who cares, u get my point. if u knew anything abt sports you woulda said something here....

davesgood2
3/7/2008
8:37 PM (report inappropriate content)

I remember Emmitt having one of his greatest games ever in a must win for the Cowboys over the Giants he had like 186 ydss russing and 150 receiving and he did it most of the game with one arm-- one of the greatest displays of athletism and heart Ive seen even imn my life,and once again as he does hold the most yardage of all time Please Please Please ---put the would of, should of, could of, regarding sanders payton etc to rest

Cowboys#1
3/7/2008
8:33 PM (report inappropriate content)

Holmgren has say about who is on his team. He has alot to do with that garbage pick up. Maybe he could get jones's career back on path.

rubbins racin
3/7/2008
8:32 PM (report inappropriate content)

LeMec

The T.J. Duckett signing is all about the 3 yards and a cloud of dust and goal line carries. It was the same in Dallas last year. JJ ran between the 20s and Barber picked up 16 tds sniping carries around the goal line. I never thought I'd be saying this, but it looks like it's running back by committee in Seattle.

b270nrope
3/7/2008
8:31 PM (report inappropriate content)

davesgood2
3/7/2008
8:27 PM (report inappropriate content)

not only is Seattle kissing their season goodbye with this move its helping Dallas LMAO

.doesn't help Dallas at all as he was a FA. Now if you want to help Dallas take Roy Williams off our hands.

Hawks_fan_333
3/7/2008
8:29 PM (report inappropriate content)

I wouldn't doubt that that is the case either kirkcad.. who would they move up for though.. thats the question?!

davesgood2
3/7/2008

Dallas could use a running back like Shawn Alexander

Bivnut
3/7/2008

lt over emmitt get real lt may be a better back all around except he has no heart and doesnt play injured...

b270nrope
3/7/2008

hey timberwolf...I tell you one thing Emmitt had over all the other top notch backs and that was HEART. He was the most determined player on any team he played on from high school to the pros. I get tired of all the comparisions to B Sandars. Two different type of backs. Emmitt would get physical and Barry danced.

Hawks_fan_333
3/7/2008
8:28 PM (report inappropriate content)

Cowboys#!:
Holmgren isn't the GM.. he doesn't sign FA's though i'm sure his input is appreciated for Ruskell.. I'm apprehensive as a hawk fun but optimistic.. change is better than staying still.. the O-line NEEDS to be addressed still, maybe that will be top priority in the draft?!

davesgood2
3/7/2008

not only is Seattle kissing their season goodbye with this move its helping Dallas LMAO

kirkcad
3/7/2008

I bet the Seahawks will use one of their RB acquisitions, along with possibly Morris, to get a higher spot in the first round of the draft.

Of course, I could be wrong. In any case, Alexander is done. He might be in Seattle next year, but he'll have his butt planted on the bench.

Hawks_fan_333
3/7/2008
8:26 PM (report inappropriate content)

Sheeno:
I agree, it got sickening seeing him saying everything was ok after another pathetic game of 3 ypc, with that grin wide on his face, easy to smile when your gauranteed millions.. he had no drive, no anger and no ambition anymore.. still, when he's gone it will be kinda (very kinda) sad to say goodbye to the best runner to ever dawn the uniform in Seattle.. maybe this will motivate him to hit the hole when he signs for another team (probably not though).

johnc1979
3/7/2008

EMMITT IS NOT THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL FOR NO REASON. YES HE DID HAVE A GREAT O-LINE AND AWESOME OFFENSIVE TEAMMATES AROUND HIM. BUT DID HIS TEAM RUN WITH THE BALL OR DID EMMITT RUN WITH THE BALL? 'NUFF SAID. IT TAKES A SPECIAL PERSON WITH GREAT TALENT AND ABILITY TO FIND THOSE GAPS AND HOLES TO RUN THROUGH. THAT'S THE SAME TALENTS BARRY AND WALTER HAD. BARRY AND WALTER WERE GREAT BUT THEY HAD TO MAKE ALL THOSE MOVES BECAUSE OF THE TEAMS THEY PLAYED ON. ANYONE WHO SAYS HE ISN'T WORTHY OF HOLDING PAYTON'S AND SANDER'S JOCK, DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. BY THE WAY, IT'S PAYTON NOT PEYTON. THE LATTER PLAYS FOR THE COLTS. IF YOU KNEW FOOTBALL, YOU'D AT LEAST KNOW THAT MUCH. WHICH I CAN SEE YOU DON'T. PAYTON AND SANDERS WERE GREAT, BUT EMMITT IS BETTER BECAUSE OF WHAT HE WAS ABLE TO DO EVEN IN THE NEW MILLENIUM. DID YA'LL FORGET ABOUT THOSE 5-11 COWBOYS TEAMS HE WAS ALSO APART OF? I LOVED ALL 3 BACKS BUT BEING A COWBOYS FAN, I LOVE SMITH MOST OF ALL.

Cowboys#1
3/7/2008

Holmgren is a great coach who got robbed out of another SB ring. He is a smart man, i dont understand him signing Julius . That is a real bad pick up. I'm just glad he's gone from the Cowboys

davesgood2
3/7/2008
8:24 PM (report inappropriate content)

Emmitt Smith NFL All Time Leading Rusher
Julius Jones only "One" of the Greatest All Time Busts it doesn;t seem fair to talk about both them in the same post

I say good riddance looks what thats what Seattle is doing to their Superbowl chances

Cowboys#1
3/7/2008
8:23 PM (report inappropriate content)

Emmitt is 1 of the greatest and a winner. He isnt no Barry,Jim Brown, or Walter, but he is a winner like no other. He held the high school rushing career record at the time. He was the all time Florida Gators best back also. Plus his accomplishments in the NFL.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Ice, we should go and register in the Cowboys forum. You could sign up as Dwight Clark and post your usual 49er good cheer and optimism and I'll sign up as Eli Manning and tell them all how the NYG's are going to be the dynasty franchise of this decade. Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
Ice, we should go and register in the Cowboys forum. You could sign up as Dwight Clark and post your usual 49er good cheer and optimism and I'll sign up as Eli Manning and tell them all how the NYG's are going to be the dynasty franchise of this decade. Tup:
We should! This could be fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts