Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup more evidence of the heating up of America.
I had to take a teakettle of hot water out to the Celica this am. The damn doors were frozen shut. It is 11 degrees Fahrenheit out there. At least the 25mph winds we had yesterday have quit. Once I got the doors open I wiped all the gaskets down and annoited them with a bit of WD 40. Hopefully that will keep them functional for a while.
Global warming. Ha.
The peerless prognosticators of things weatherwise are calling for -2 to -4 tonight. That's colder than a well diggers derriere in the Klondike.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
But dear old Jabba it is winter time. Thought you would have known better, but there again you are getting old and seem to have forgotten what time of year it is up North. We on the other hand are having a very wet Winter and the average temp is much higher. Been in the 50's in some areas today. Been 48 outside today, dipped down a bit now the sun has gone down and we may have a bit of snow tonight and it will be gone by tomorrow.

Have you seen what the temps and rainfall have been in Australia just lately. It is their summer time. Whereas you live on a mountainside in the Winter time.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
If the WD-40 doesn't work well enough, try Armor-All. I've had good success with it. Meanwhile, better keep the brass monkey indoors.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
I watched a History Channel show last night called "Our Last Days" or something like that. They rated based on severity several different ways we as humans could be destroyed. Scientists agreed that Super Volcano's, Asteroids, Black Holes, Artificial Intelligence dominance and others all ranked below the number one threat to human existence.....GLOBAL WARMING. conf: But for the sake of fairness I figured I'd listen. After it was over I cranked up the heat and drove around the block 3 times for nothing...Just trying to do my part... wink:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Yes, there is no doubt that the earth is warming. I have read that the earth has gone through several dozen ice ages through several billion years so each time it came out there had to be warming. Warming is real. And our records show without a doubt that we are getting warmer now today as well.

But what I want to know is, why are 3 other planets (Mars, Venus and I forget the third one) also warming at the same time?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
According to Al Gore, the debate is over. So quit arguing and trying to figure it out and just send in all your money for some carbon credits.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Contrary to the current media hype...

There is considerable dispute as to whether or not we are currently experiencing a short duration warming trend. The preponderance of credible scientific evidence indicates that the recent warming cycle ended 8-10 years ago. Before that there was a period of warming that lasted around three decades. Before that a period of cooling of similar length and before that a earlier cycle of warming. Before that was another period of cooling and all the while atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) levels were rising.

The recent changes in ocean and atmospheric currents indicate a decadal period of global cooling began several years ago and actual temperature measurements back this up. Solar activity, the most dominant driving force behind global temperature, has been dimminishing for several years and there are indications that we may be entering a longer term period of global cooling even though atmospheric CO2 continues to increase.

Why are CO2 emissions, particularly the relatively small amount emitted by human activity, the sole focus of most climate change debates? In scientific circles, CO2 is referred to as a ‘trace gas’ that, for hundreds of thousands of years, has remained at or below five ten-thousandths of the atmosphere by volume. Even among the so-called greenhouse gases, CO2 accounts for less than 4%, with water vapour being by far the most significant. CO2 is clearly a miniscule component of the massive mechanisms that create climate and cause climate change.

At 385 parts per million (ppm) by volume, CO2 levels are now, in a geologic sense, at their lowest in 600 million years. For example, during the exceptionally cold Ordovician glaciation, about 440 million years ago, CO2 levels were more than ten times higher than today. During this period, there was an inverse correlation between temperature and CO2 levels. At other times, warm temperatures occurred when CO2 levels were high. In the more recent millennia, a correlation appears evident, temperature changes precede changes in CO2 levels. Aside from forecasts of still primitive and unreliable computer models, modern climatological research consistently shows that there is no scientific justification for the CO2/climate hysteria that has so gripped mass media and politicians.

Attempts to maintain the focus against CO2, a colourless, odourless benign gas essential for plant photosynthesis, have become truly ludicrous. Incredibly, CO2 is branded as a ‘pollutant’ by many activists.

Poster board and Hi-light pens: $10
Snow coat, cap, mittens, long johns: $150
Idiots protesting global warming in a snowstorm: PRICELESS

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
All I hear is Baaaa! Baaaaa! Baaaa! and the sky is falling when the peckerwood Al gore speaks all AL hears is Cha Chig as the cash register rings. . That being said its a said day in American when I would take AL Gore over the rest of the dem's.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Here's the thing about the whole Global climate change debate DB:

Conservatives want to dismiss the possibility outright that man is contributing to it... so that they can continue to pollute willy-nilly and destroy the planet... while blaming someone or something else. The biggest polluters are sitting back laughing their heads off at all of the Kool-Aid swillers (conservatives) they have out there "fightin' the good fight" for them. They hate Al Gore so much that they'll blindly go along with and parrot ANYTHING they're told (a trait that is inherent to Conservatives anyway) without even considering the possibility that it is a REAL threat to the future of mankind. Ahh the power of good ol' fashioned Christian Conservative hatred! :eek:

Making statements like "It's 11 degrees here in Spokane today... so much for 'Global warming" clearly demonstrates a complete ignorance of what Global Climatic Change REALLY is and what the causes and consequences of it may be. clown:

REAL conservatives would be looking at it from a business perspective... saying "how can I make some money, while helping to develop environmentally-friendly alternative energy sources and markets."

I look at it like this: We all know it's time to wean ourselves off of fossil fuels for MANY reasons... environmental, geo-political etc. Why not be PROACTIVE on the issue of GCC at the same time by developing these new energy sources NOW! There is HUGE financial and job-growth potential there AND we get to maybe help save the planet at the same time! Tup:

If done right... it sounds like a win-win to me... so WHY all of the resistance? conf:

We're ALL fisherpeople right? And as such... shouldn't we CARE about the future of our planet and what we may be doing to it? I just don't freakin' get it? Tdown:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Conservatives want to dismiss the possibility outright that man is contributing to it... so that they can continue to pollute willy-nilly and destroy the planet... while blaming someone or something else. The biggest polluters are sitting back laughing their heads off at all of the Kool-Aid swillers (conservatives) they have out there "fightin' the good fight" for them. They hate Al Gore so much that they'll blindly go along with and parrot ANYTHING they're told (a trait that is inherent to Conservatives anyway) without even considering the possibility that it is a REAL threat to the future of mankind. Ahh the power of good ol' fashioned Christian Conservative hatred!
You know webo! There is a communication rule that says, "If you repeat a lie often enough, many people begin to believe it". Luckily, most people here can see through your BS. :p

As I previously posted... Contrary to the BS and the current media hype...

There is considerable dispute as to whether or not we are currently experiencing a short duration warming trend. The preponderance of credible scientific evidence indicates that the recent warming cycle ended 8-10 years ago. Before that there was a period of warming that lasted around three decades. Before that a period of cooling of similar length and before that a earlier cycle of warming. Before that was another period of cooling and all the while atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) levels were rising.

The recent changes in ocean and atmospheric currents indicate a decadal period of global cooling began several years ago and actual temperature measurements back this up. Solar activity, the most dominant driving force behind global temperature, has been dimminishing for several years and there are indications that we may be entering a longer term period of global cooling even though atmospheric CO2 continues to increase.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Bonzo - you must not be one of the REAL conservatives that I mentioned in my previous post. conf:

Instead of looking at the GCC controversy as a business opportunity... you are content to bury your head in the sand, post somebody ELSE'S opinion and whine about "media hype". clown:

Polly wanna cracker? wink: :D

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Mars is warming along with other planets. I don't see any SUV'S driving around up there. Maybe it's Megatron and the other transformers causing all this.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Webo would it be easier to just set up a template and post " Kunckledragging, Christian, Koolaid drinking facist" as a response Tup:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Good Idea king! It WOULD save me a bit of typing! Tup:

Yo Sledge... you could run yer rustbucket on Mars OR Venus and not make a lick o' difference! Sounds to me like a move is in your future... ESPECIALLY after Hillary becomes president! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just so no one misunderstands. I like 4 seasons. I could have retired in the land of fruits and nut, Ca., for the uninformed. I had a paid for home and I was far enough East of the Bay area that I didn't have to breathe their exhalations. The fishing was good. Had the Sierra to hike in with the Scouts and the San Jaoquin Delta to fish in. Not to mention the Feather River with it's Kings, Steelhead, Stripers and Shad. Only problem was, aside for the screwballs that tend to be elected, there is just too damn many people there. On a 50 mile hike in the High Sierra you run across beer cans and junk left by the horse packer customers. The same slobs have relatives here too, just no so many of them as yet. It's coming, unfortunately.
As for global warming. I believe the cycles of the earth's ice ages and periods of sariation are so little understood by the experts that to jump on any of the sillies' bandwagons is a waste of time. CO2 usage by trees and algae is a known. Therefore go plant a tree and quit polluting the water. You will accomplish more that way than holding your flatulence and beer burps.
Pleased to see you are cognizant of all that Sir Silly.

ps I will try the armour all. Haven't been there yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
WEbo what are you doing here. Shouldn't you be exercising your liberal white guilt and bowing on the alter of the Rv MLK in celebartion of how 12% of the population can control the other 88% wit a lot of guilt?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
That depends Sledge... what kinda boat and "diesel pusher" do ya got? I got no real use for a primered up '64 International Harvester and an inflatable canoe! :p :mrgreen:

Sko... it sounds like you used to live where I grew up? Born in San Francisco, raised in Fairfield, moved to Sacramento when I first left home at age 18. I backpacked all over the Sierras when I was a Boy Scout. Fished stripers and sturgeon in Rio Vista and trout in the high mountain lakes of the John Muir wilderness.

I hear ya about the crazies and all of the people... but I still have a bit of fondness left in the ol' heart for northern California. Even think about goin' back there every now and then... that is until I get back from visiting my brother and his family in Napa. :D

Edit: Someone's gotta keep all you right-wing extremists in line king... 'specially after all the flak you've been givin' Sir John.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Hey Webo, I fixed it for you... wink:

Webo said:
Here's the thing about the whole Global climate change debate DB:

LIBERALS want to dismiss the possibility outright that man is NOT contributing to it... so that they can continue to BLAME BIG OIL FOR destroyING the planet... while blaming someone or something else BESIDES NATURE. BIG NASTY OIL COMPANIES are sitting back laughing their heads off at all of the LIBERAL Kool-Aid swillers are out there fighting for global equality. They love Al Gore so much that they'll blindly go along with and parrot ANYTHING they're told (a trait that is inherent to LIBERALS anyway) without even considering the possibility that it is a REAL HOAX. Ahh the power of good ol' fashioned LIBERAL IDIOCY! :eek:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts