Gamefishin.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the ponds up this evening after helping dad get packed for his move to CA. I haven't caught a single fish this year and the ponds are on the way home, so what the heck!

The rain was coming down hard and the wind was blowing steadily and strongly to the north, so I fished the south side of the south pond with a 1/8oz all silver Kastmaster. Picked up two little stockers in about 15 minutes, chatted with a local for about 30, and headed home completely drenched.

Everyone else were fishing with worms or powerbait under a bobber and doing well. If you decide to try the Kastmaster the key (for trout anyway) is to reel in very slowly. You'll know you've got the speed right when you start getting hits.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got to the ponds around 11 AM. Fished the North bank of the South pond.

Over a two hour perior, caught 2 small trout and one large trout using green Power Bait. Tried other colors (yellow, pink, rainbow) but didn't have success. No bites using a bobber either.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost forgot this place existed! Silly me. As luck would have it, I had a job to do up in Arlington on Thursday this last week. The ponds were all of 500ft further down the street and since the boss showed up late I hit the south pond. Triploids are in! I picked one up Thursday amidst the rain and wind.

Today I hit the lake early and discovered the triploids are still there. Green powereggs run off the bottom seem to do the trick (I was running an 18" leader) and people fishing the NW area of the south pond seem to be picking up the most fish.

Man that felt good. Trips on light gear are a blast.

What are you waiting for? Get out there before they get fished out!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lots of blue gill. no trout been fish out pretty bad

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At 1:00am it was dark and park was closed. My girlfriend and I went fishing for catfish. According to WFWD the lakes have been were stocked for several years. Well turned out there are fish! My girlfriend caught a 8lb catfish. I wish I could upload this pic but it doesn't offer to do so.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fished the lake on the 7th 8th and 9th for trout.wdfw stocked it on the 5th.Caught a lots on a spinner.Saw big schools of them in the shalllows.Not some much on the 9th.Caught only 4.Fish are not huge but still a lot of fun to catch.Take your kids out for some trout action.Tight lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts