Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great video, alot of time and effort and of course, money is put into that recovery effort. We can only hope it gets better and more people can get involved in the help.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Very good ghost net video! These ghost nets are a big problem, the sad thing is that commercial and tribal nets continue to be abandoned in our waters.

·
Registered
234 Posts
How about somebody sending this video to State Senator Brian Hatfield of the 19th Legislative Dist. since he is pro- gillnetting and let him tell us how he plans to help the gillnetters clean up their ghost nets. I wonder what he would do with it. Probably find the nearest trash can and say he never saw it. LOL :roll:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow great video sad though.... I think nets need to get regulated really hard as do most if not all of you do too. Those wild steely's were frickin huge too! I wish they woulda made it out of those nets and on to my hooks:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Having trouble funding the recovery of lost nets??? hhhmmmmm??????? here is an idea?? how about everyone that uses gill nets pay for the recovery!! hhhmmmm They do profit from our natural resource!! hhhhmmmmm. no sorry bad idea :? :?

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Dr Hook said:
Very good ghost net video! These ghost nets are a big problem, the sad thing is that commercial and tribal nets continue to be abandoned in our waters.
How many commercial and private crab and shrimp pots are sitting on the bottom? Its not just nets....its all waste.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I am glad to see this is being done, since i am a commercial fisherman i am willing to do as much as i can to help keep this profession around. cleaning up nets is a great idea and hopefully there will be more people that get involved with this

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Fish Boy said:
I am glad to see this is being done, since i am a commercial fisherman i am willing to do as much as i can to help keep this profession around. cleaning up nets is a great idea and hopefully there will be more people that get involved with this
You sure like to brag here about being a commercial fisherman.... :roll:

First you are not a commercial fisherman, your Dad is. Second, I doubt either you or your Dad are out recovering these nets or paying to have them recovered. sick:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
They should find a way to put serial numbers on those nets and record them at the time of sale. Then if someone loses one and doesn't report it and some one finds it, BIG BIG fines and loss of their fishing liscence!!!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
OB-1 I agree with you on the penalty for not trying to recover a lost net. We need to quit raping our resources. I learned along time ago from an old sourdough in Alaska to take care of the land. It will give you a lot if you give it attention and time. We can take from it but we have to give back. Be it time or helping replenish what we use. But when we ignore it.... Stupid should hurt. If you are stupid enough to just leave your nets it should hurt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts