Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You can also try Day Island. But it's worse, costs $12.00, and has one ramp and an even shorter courtesy dock, but the dock is new. It even has metal connections holding the dock sections together that make for scratches on your hull. Tdown:

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
fishn2gthr4ever said:
Hope there will be more than 2 lanes and 1 short float available by the derby. Tdown: Any one have any info?
Are you thinking of Redondo? Did they take some of the floats out at Pt Def? There are four lauching lanes and two long floats, unless they removed some of them...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ya, Pt D is down to two launches because it is under construction. It may be done by then.

They are going from 3 launch lanes to 6 or 8, I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Fish Boy said:
i am launching at gig harbor
Better get up early the shoulder of the roads will fill up fast. I've been scoping out one of the neighbors driveways think I will go talk to him and see if he will reserve me a spot in his driveway for a little cash when I use that ramp.
:lol:

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
SeaSport said:
Ya, Pt D is down to two launches because it is under construction. It may be done by then.

They are going from 3 launch lanes to 6 or 8, I can't remember for sure.
Hmmm... didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'll probably use DesMoines, IF I fish the derby.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Srchn4salmon Itried to get a pass for solo point. When I got my pass for the nisqually and they told me I could,it get one. And Ithink they sid. They don,t give them out to civilein.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
srchn4salmon said:
Anyone every try to launch off Solo Point on Ft Lewis? Can you get a pass to do that like you can get a pass to fish on the Nisqually?
Solo Pt is tauted as off limits to anything but Card Carrying DOD people.

So thats active duty or retired only...

Thats what the MP's that were writing tickets last summer had to say...

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Solo Point is weird, its not marked anywere that I could see that its Ft Lewis property like the Nisqually is marked. I drove down to it today and no where did it say Ft Lewis Property. I stopped at the visitors office off of exit 120 and they said you don't need a pass to get to Solo Point. I am a DOD card holder so I guess I can launch there. Thanks for the info everyone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fish Boy said:
it will be nice i live in gig harbor, but i am thinking of going to area 13 so maybe fox island
Same here. I'm about 10 minutes to the GH ramp, and about 20 to Fox Island. I may just launch the boat the night before, slip it for the night in the harbor, and take the trailer home. Less drama that way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts