Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the new pantographic wipers, did some cleanup on the wiring, scrubbed her up a bit in preparation for the safety exam on Monday.......

...., and added her name to the house sides!

Meet the "Surprise"

I'm thinking I'll have to move the side guides out a few inches on each side to accommodate the slings?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Looks to me like you probably have plenty of clearance for the sling. Boat is looking sweet! Good luck with the Derby!

·
Registered
992 Posts
That's my goal for Sunday.

Inspector will be at the house on Monday night.

Want to get it looking good, go over it, and make sure I have everything.

Tarp it, wait a couple days, roll into Anacortes like I know what I'm doing......

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Looking good TK.. I think all gamefishers should meet up like friday or saturday night in Anacortes, Say a bar ;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WE can start by saying hi on the dock, although if last year was anything to go by, I hit the rack pretty early on Friday night....and I didn't make it back on Saturday night...oh yeah. But, look for me on the dock.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
TrollKing said:
WE can start by saying hi on the dock, although if last year was anything to go by, I hit the rack pretty early on Friday night....and I didn't make it back on Saturday night...oh yeah. But, look for me on the dock.
Ill be helping out on the docks on Friday, but Saturday & Sunday i'll be bouncin on the water.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
looking good trollking!!

Ive been doing the same thing,,,spent all day on the boat today

installed the new VHF, re packed the boat with all its gear, fixed my ez-steer, lubed my steering, picked up 2 new mustang pfd's, new flares

hull was painted a couple weeks ago and 3 rivers gave me a tune-up last week

things are startin to come together Tup:

see you guys there,,,,and TK, you likely wont need the wipers,,,now that youve installed them :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bing,
trying to decide where to go. I really don't have that much endurance, maybe 2 1/2 hours at 20 knots....might run up to the north end of Orcas? or may just fish Thatcher Pass, or maybe even just above Anacortes. Last year it took 1 1 /2 hours just to get to Waldron running through the inside........

..might even run off Friday night, to stay closer to fishing. Late run up to Sucia?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cold out this morning in Ballard! light south wind. With luck,that'll be out Saturday weather, but wind out of the west. I fired up the catalytic heater...it works just fine. Taking today off to fine-tune the boat/trailer/fishing gear. Gotta buy some herring, get it cured up, maybe buy some more fleece................

went to the seminars at NorthRiver Boats in Marysville but didn't have the endurance to stay for the last talk....how to fish the San Juans. did anybody go, and can anyone give a report on what was said regarding fishing the san juans?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts