Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that Gene Coulon park is now $16.00 to launch day use permit for non renton residents? Talk about outrageous!!!! Ten bucks already seemed high, but when me and tacklejunky went to launch today we learned it is now 16.00 to launch, and we then said f*** that and left. It got us fired up with the way things just go up and up. I can gaurentee that we won't be launching there any longer.
JDL

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked the renton site though and it confirms the 16.00 launch for non residents, but still lists the yearly pass for non residents at 70.00, so the pass value has just gotten to be a better bargain
JDL

·
Registered
414 Posts
You are right... $16 is outrageous and $10 is too high. Seems to be the trend though... user fees everywhere as local gov's don't want to spend general fund dollars on things like parks and recreation. And, most places are getting run down so they are looking for ways to put maintenance dollars into the facilities, again, without tapping general fund.

G

·
that fee right now is dumb the only people out there are fisherman and boat testers, why this segment should pay 16 i don't understand... in end of may june july august half sept i agree with it there are so many crackers from everywhere using that launch making a mess, fighting yelling all kinds of commotion there has to be police stationed there all summer and people directing traffic.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I paid 8 bucks to launch my pontoon there last week.
I mean its nice having 8 lanes and several docks to yourself and all, but not worth the price.

·
Registered
94 Posts
At Lake Tapps, Allen Yorke Boat Launch = $18.50 Round Trip, 1/2 to launch and 1/2 to get take-out for non-residents. I may be slightly wrong on the exact launch fees tho. Year ticket $25.00 for residents. It's free right now for the time being.

·
Registered
369 Posts
jdlunk said:
I just checked the renton site though and it confirms the 16.00 launch for non residents..... (snip)
Besides the higher fees.... They 'sort-of" have less parking than years in the past too.

On the summer weekends in the past, people would park over in the off-site parking lot where the new Lowes is now sitting.... And, according to the Renton Parks a few weeks ago, the only off site parking that is left for boaters (trailers) is a Boeing parking lot over a mile+ away near the Memorial Stadium over by the Cedar river I think.

For once I am glad that I'm a resident and that I have the year pass.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
flat out extortion. just like the $5 you have to pay at sawyer and all you get there is a gravel and chainlink ramp. i guess the plan is to price us out of our sport?

its funny, they raised the price but did they improve the facility? I think not.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Last year on Seafair weekend, my family and I were visiting Gene Coulon Park in Renton (no...we didn't launch our boat on that weekend, that would be crazy...) and it WAS amazing how many other people/boaters had used the ramps to launch during the day and had NOT paid the fees.....

The park officials (with the city police very near by) were standing in the lines of the retreival vehicles and you had to show your pay-stub to be able to go collect your boat. Many, many people had launched without paying and were forced to pull out their wallets and pay up....

·
Registered
423 Posts
I buy the anual pass, was $50, this year its $70 but then I can launch as many times as I want to for the year. I also buy the Lake Samamish permit for $50.
Marti

1 - 11 of 11 Posts