Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove by the pasture river access downstream from Metzler Park this past Thursday. I was not surprised to see a double hung, pad locked gate, with a 'NO TRESPASSING' sign, now closes access to the pasture / river! Do you think the owner was fed up with the trash and other crap they found on their property?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
More than likely. This is what realy erks me about the inconsiderate *&#+*%#$%%&**'s that call themselves sportsman. I was always taught to be courtious to the land and pick up your damned garbage. I've been Steelheading for around 30 years, and am deeply sadened by the loss of access.

Keep it up, and there will be none. All accesses will be state property, and will lookk like Rieter or Blue creek. I guess thta's when I'll be forced to lay down my rod and reel. :cry: :evil: sick:

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I carry trash bags in my car for that stuff. It sucks to see it in action. Some jacka$$ removing a spinner from a package and just dropping the trash w/o a thought. Tdown:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
It just keeps on happening, losing access to rivers because of people who don't pick up after themselves... :evil:

·
Registered
416 Posts
THIS IS REALLY SAD!! Tdown: I see this happening all over the potholes area also in all those walk in lakes. Stupid people(only takes one) are ruining it for all the other sportsmen!! Pack it in pack it out!! Common Sense or is it gone in our society conf: Now you have more people breaking into our cars-trucks also(would love to catch someone try it)So which is worse thieves or people who litter and abuse peoples property?? it is like not safe or fun to go anywhere anymore sick:
just my opinion................... Have a happy new year all GF's..........FishHawker

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
It may not be as bad as you all think. If I remember right he locked it up about the same time last year to plant it let's hope that this is all it is and it will be open next year.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
This is only going to get worse.My son and I ride dirt bikes.The area where we used to ride is now closed due to a lawsuit.Some guy crashed on his dirt bike and broke his leg brought a suit against the land owner. The claim was he did not provide a safe area to ride there was to many trails that were difficult. While the suit was dismissed it cost the land owner legal fees. End result is locked gates.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
seen the same thing above the bridge in summner too on the puke...every tree on the bank had a posted no tresspass sign

1 - 8 of 8 Posts