Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with the Perfect Flame gas grill that Lowes sells. I have had mine for about 1-1/2 yrs and the burners are all rotted out. They don't carry the replacements and its gonna cost me 140.00 to order and replace all 4 burners. They don't stand behind these products at all. If your thinking about buying one of these, beware. Tdown:

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I had the same problem with the CharmGlow grill I bought from Home Depot. I had to order 3 new burners after only 2-years. Again, not parts/service/help at the store. I had to search the 'net for the burners, which were $30 each.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
There are a lot of nice looking gas grills out there but I would never own anything other than a Weber ever again. I've had Sunbeam and Charbroil and after a couple of years the burners are shot and you have to adapt after market burners to fit. Weber parts are sold at Home depot, Fred Meyer and a lot of other stores AND they are genuine Weber parts so they actually fit. The burners in Weber gas grills are actually tubes and they are protected by triangular metal shields so they don't get drippings on them. I have had my Weber now going on 5 years and I use it 4 to 5 nights a week. I have yet to replace the burners but I am on my 3rd set of grates and 2nd igniter. Also Weber parts can be purchased online and they are all over Ebay at good prices as well.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I second the Weber endorsement! Tup:

And there's just somethin' about that name that I kinda like? :D

Seriously, Like DB, I've had my Weber Genesis Silver for 5 or 6 years and I use it a LOT too. I consider it money very well spent.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I've rebuilt a Sunbeam twice in 6 years. To be honest I could have probably bought a new grill for what the parts cost. I've been eyeballing the stainless grills at Costco, so I doubt that there'll be a 3rd overhaul.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Not a burner problem, but I bought a pretty expensive Charbroil grill at Lowes about three years ago. I bought a stainless steel model because my previous grill turned into a rust bucket. Sure enough, after about six months every screw in the thing was rusted. Rust running down the outside, the cabinet under the grill filled with rust, grill area rusted.
Why build a stainless steel grill and put it together with non stainless screws? I called Charbroil and they acknowledged the problem, offering to send me a set of stainless screws. I bought the thing assembled so I won't have to put it together! Like I really was looking forward to taking it completely apart to put the correct screws in. I ended up returning it to Lowes.
I'm on my third year with a Sears model that cost half what the Charbroil did. Works great and easy to get parts for when needed.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Stonefish said:
Not a burner problem, but I bought a pretty expensive Charbroil grill at Lowes a three years ago. I bought a stainless steel model because my previous grill turned into a rust bucket. Sure enough, after about six months every screw in the thing was rusted. Rust running down the outside, the cabinet under the grill filled with rust, grill area rusted.
Why build a stainless steel grill and put it together with non stainless screws? I called Charbroil and they acknowledged the problem, offering to send me a set of stainless screws. I bought the thing assembled so I won't have to put it together! Like I really was looking forward to taking it completely apart to put the correct screws in. I ended up returning it to Lowes.
I'm on my third year with a Sears model that cost half what the Charbroil did. Works great and easy to get parts for when needed.
Hmm, hadn't thought about the screws. We have a JennAire stainless from Lowes that set us back a grand. I'll be watching those stinking screws!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with the Perfect Flame gas grill that Lowes sells. I have had mine for about 1-1/2 yrs and the burners are all rotted out. They don't carry the replacements and its gonna cost me 140.00 to order and replace all 4 burners. They don't stand behind these products at all. If your thinking about buying one of these, beware. Tdown:
Hey all,
Hope the social distancing is going well and that everyone is holding up and is safe.

The other day I went out to clean my 8 year old Brinkmann 5 burner and she's a goner. Some rusted out holes that seem newish and the burners aren't lighting on the right side. I noticed that they were finicky last summer but thought I could get through another season. But I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get another gas grill.

I have a few that I have my eye on, with a budget of around $500 or so. These are the three that I am considering:

1. Weber Spirit II-E. I could go either 210 or 310 model. It's only three of us in the house regularly and if we have people over I use my charcoal toys. But I could see the benefit of the extra burner.
2. BroilKing Baron 320
3. And just because I love playing with fire, the Oklahoma Joe's Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo

Does anyone have any input on these three? Or am I missing a killer propane grill? I feel that I could get any one of them and be incredibly happy. But advice is always welcome. Thanks!

Current Yard Set-Up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts