Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the full garmin setup?( GPS, Sonar, Radar) How do you like it? Been looking into new system and like how it has on screen suface temps, wave heights ,ect. TR-1 is now owned by Garmin, so they should really make them work together easier. I like Garmins bottom contours on there sounders better than most. Thanks, any input would be apriciated

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
All my stuff is Garmin. Radar, two GPS, fishfinders, etc... I really like them. They are easy to operate. My stuff is a few years old, but gets the job done.

If I was to ever buy new stuff, I would more than likely stick with Garmin.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have my North river completely equipped with Garmin electronics, 2 multi-function displays with radar and fish finder. If I were to choose again, I'd probably choose Garmin. I like Garmin's user interface and feel that it's one of the easiest to use. I can share map data and waypoints very easily between my chart plotters and my handheld units. I can also mark my routes on the PC and then transfer them to the chartplotter either via data cable or on data chips. I have the older GSD 20 sounder module, will probably upgrade to the newer version in a year or so. I bought all my electronics in 2005, so my stuff is a little older than what you'd probably look at now. Hard to be the bundle prices out there for the whole package. Check out BOE Marine or GPScity.com.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Im in the market for electronics too. I went to Boaters World and played with a 5212 Garmin unit. No instuctions, and I got it pretty dialed in, in about 15 minutes of time playing with it.

The 4000 and 5000 series Garmins have some pretty trick features available on them too. The XM weather is really cool. It super imposes real time weather radar onto your plotter, also shows wind and swell directions and intervals, and can show the forcast for all the above for the upcomming 48 hours. Very impressive, except its a subscription to XM that costs $50 month...
Also has real satellite overlays of the shorelines and can track AIS targets when equipt w/ the sensor. I could see ships moving around the port of olympia on the plotter!!

I found the plotter easy and informative to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts