21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pork or rib rub by fishinjake

From old forum by fishinjake.

PORK OR RIB RUB

1/3 cup sugar,1/3cup brown sugar,1 tbsp salt, 3 tsp cumin,3 tsp onion powder,3 tsp garlic powder,2 tsp chili powder,2 tsp paprika,2 tsp black pepper,2 tsp dry mustard, mix all ingredients in a bowl and rub generously on meat . Cook slow and use some wood chips for flavor !!Don't use gas grill.

Code 1232

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Batter's

From old forum. Author unknown

Tempura Batter

Usual Ingredients:
ice water
egg
white flour
corn starch
baking soda
salt

Preparation:
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a seperate bowl beat egg until smooth, add ice water and mix well. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and Stir only until mixed. The mixture should be slightly lumpy.

Beer Batter

Usual Ingredients:
flat beer
vegetable oil
egg
white flour
salt

Preparation:
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a seperate bowl beat egg until smooth, add the oil and beer and mix well. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and Stir until well mixed.

My Batter
Mix flour and corn starch in about a 3:1 ratio and add a bit of soda. Stir in cold water to get the consistency of thin pancake or crepe batter.

Code 1235

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Turkey Brine by T-Rex

It's somethin else on birds.
Smokin’ Okie’s Holiday Turkey Brine:
1 gal. water

1 c. coarse kosher salt

¾ c. soy sauce

½ c. white sugar

½ c. brown sugar

½ c. honey

½ c. apple cider vinegar

4 Tbsp. black pepper

3 - 4 Tbsp. chopped garlic

1 tsp. Allspice

1 oz. Morton’s Tenderquick (optional)

Measurements “How much is an Ounce?�

2 tablespoons = ounce
6 teaspoons = ounce

Heat water/salt/sugars to rolling boil. Take off burner, add other ingredients. Allow mixture to cool before placing meat into solution Place 10 - 12 lb. turkey in non-reactive container and cover with brine. Refrigerate for 12 hours. Load smoker’s wood box with 4 oz. hickory wood. Remove turkey from the refrigerator and discard brine. Rinse turkey three times, pat dry and lightly rub skin with mayonnaise. Apply light coating of Cookshack Spicy Chicken Rub. Place turkey in smoker and smoke cook at 200 degrees F for about one hour- per lb. I like cherry or apple wood for my turkey. Smoke until internal temperature of breast reaches 160 to 165. Remove from smoker and allow to sit for 30 minutes before slicing.

Note: About the “optional� Tenderquick. If you smoke a turkey at temperatures of 180º to 225º F., you might want to consider using the Tenderquick. The turkey will be spending a lot of time in the DANGER ZONE of 40º to 140º, so just be aware of this. If in doubt, use the Tenderquick.

Credits.

Smokin'oakie- Cookshack.com

Code 1231Lots of water and lots of cooking time. Retain the cooking water.

Once the meat is cooled hand shred it. Don’t cut it, just pull it apart. You’ll want stringy pieces not chunks.

Then make rue by taking butter and flour and heating. Stirring the flour into the butter

Now combine about 2 cups of the cooking liquid to the rue. You’ll want this to be as a thicker gravy texture.

Add the meat and the peppers. Crush the tomatoes by hand (you’ll want some larger chunks floating around in there too).

Crush, mince, or chop the garlic and add it.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Simmer for a couple of hours.

Serve with warmed flour tortillas.

If you can keep your hands off it, It is much better the next day. (With some of the left over, try it on your eggs for breakfast)

Code 1240

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Shrimp Soup by T-Rex

Shrimp soup (or) why fresh shrimp never make it into my freezer,

A couple pounds of shrimp

Green onions (depends on how much you like onions)

Couple three real firm tomatoes

Couple of firm Avocados

Pace Pecante sauce (16-oz jar)

Limes

Minced Garlic (again how much do you like)

And saltine crackers

Boil up your shrimp (skins and all) tell they turn pink. AND SAVE THE WATER. (Now peal the shrimp and throw away the skins and tails)

Blanch and peal your tomatoes then cut into chunks

Chop up your green onions (all the whites and about half of the green)

Now put your tomatoes, onions, and garlic in a pot add some of the shrimp water and bring it up to a boil Now dump in the whole jar of Pace. You'll want it real chunky so make sure you don’t put in to much shrimp water.(you can add more later if necessary.) Put in the juice of one or two limes.

Just before your ready to serve peal and cut the Avocado into chunks and throw them and the shrimp into the pot.

Heat the stuff up and serve with crackers and quartered limes.

You can get this stuff at some Mexican restaurants for about $12 to $15 a bowl.

Code 1240

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Halibut with a Tomato/Portabello Sauce By Chris Wilen

This was the first recipe posted on this forum.

Chris Wilen gets the credit.

Halibut with a Tomato/Portabello Sauce

The Sauce:

First, roast a head of garlic. Just cut it in half horizontally, pour a generous amount of olive oil over the top. Add a little salt and pepper and top with a sprig of rosemary. Wrap in tinfoil and stick in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for an hour.

Then peel 10 medium sized Roma Tomatoes. The peeling job doesn't have to be perfect but get as much skin as possible while leaving as much meat as possible. Quarter the tomatoes and throw into a pot with some olive oil. Once the garlic is finished, peel the cloves and throw them into the pot.

Next, finely chop a red pepper and 1/4 sweet onion and throw into the pot. Add 3/4 cup vodka (I use Ketel One), 2 TBSP dried Oregano leaves, 1 TBSP Parsley, and salt and pepper. Finally, add 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 bay leaf. Cover and let simmer over low heat. Every 10-15 minutes, use a potato masher or big spoon to mash the tomatoes. As they cook, they will get softer. After 35 minutes, chop a portabello mushroom into small cubes and add to the sauce. Let the sauce cook for another 25 minutes and then remove from heat. If the sauce gets too thick, add water. Some tomatoes hold more water than others so additional water may be needed. When adding water, make sure to mix thoroughly.

The Fish / Dish

Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly brush olive oil onto the fish...just enough to hold some salt, pepper, ground oregano, and basil.

Once the spices have been added, put the fish in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, top the fish with the sauce and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes. Top with Parmesan and serve.

Code 1235

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Atomic Buffalo Turds by T-Rex

This is off the "Big Green Egg forum" but any smoker will work, and they are not hot.

ABT`s aka Atomic Buffalo Turds

We start out with fresh jalapenos, you remove
the stem and cut them in half long wise. The seeds
and membranes are removed, a spoon seems to work
really well for this task. WEAR GLOVES.

I like to stuff mine with pulled pork, which I first
chop finely, it helps it pack better in the peppers.
I pack them to the top edge of the pepper.

This gets followed by a generous coating of cream
cheese. I like to mound the cheese almost as high as
the original pepper was thick. Once loaded with cheese
I like to sprinkle with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk, it
adds just a little kick to them.

Then the final prep, the wrap in bacon. I use a whole
slice of bacon to insure the entire pepper is wrapped.
Others will use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place,
I typically don`t although these could have used it.

Now we go onto the egg, this batch is being done on
the small egg, indirect, ( which you can see a couple variations
of on my " Tips " page ) over a drip pan, at a dome of
around 350°. I like to start them upside down for the first
30 minutes and flip them for the final 30 minutes or so,
cooking until the bacon is done to your liking, roughly 1 hour.

Most would expect these to be spicy due to the jalapenos,
those that I have shared them with say they are not spicy at all.
This is because of removing the seeds and membranes. I would
suggest you make more than you think you need as they are
going to get eaten faster than you can imagine. Here is my
finished batch that should have cooked another 10 minutes or so.

Code 1232

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
SHRIMP or CRAB FETTUCCINE

SHRIMP or CRAB FETTUCCINE By Rock fish

20oz Safeway Verdi Alfredo Sauce

16oz package of Fettuccine

4oz can of Mushrooms(Or 1 package of fresh, sauted)

6oz Shredded Parmesan Cheese

1/4 cup Butter

1tsbp Minced Garlic

Pinch of Salt & Pepper

50 Hood Canal Shrimp Pealed

Start your water for the fettuccine put in when ready.

Put garlic,butter,mushrooms,salt,pepper,and your shrimp in a saute pan on med low till the shrimp are white.Drain off extra liquid and butter, add alfredo sauce heat till it bubbles.

Drain fettuccine and add alfredo sauce.Take the parmesan cheese, a hand full and throw it in and say POW, BAMM, or what ever ya want stir it all up.

Put it in a pasta bowl add some more Parmesan, and if ya like Parsley DIG IN

***You can substute the shrimp with 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of crab***

Code 1230

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Steve's Cedar Plank Smoked Grilled Salmon

Steve's Cedar Plank Smoked Grilled Salmon by Steve Ericsson

Hey Steve post on the site what ya do with the ceder plank and what the heck all those spices are !!!!PLEASE

No problem. I think I added it already that the spices are nothing more than an even coating of Montreal Steak Seasoning. I ran out of my usual and have two bottles of this stuff and thought I should use it just to get rid of it. It turned out FANTASTIC!! The fish juices soften up the minced onion and really taste great. I think I like it as good or better than my usual stuff!

The planks I buy at Home Depot (cedar fence planks - UNTREATED!) and cut them to length to fit on my grill, for mine it is 28". I get a pile of a couple dozen of them from 4 or 5 boards for around $10 or so. When I start my hacker fillet job, I wedge a couple down in the cooler to hold them under water and fill it to cover them for an hour or two. Then, I just lay them as shown side by side dripping wet and lay my fillets on them and slather on the seasonings and let 'em sit for just a bit.

Q'em on lowest setting for about 20-30 minutes, the steam from the planks will do wonders and the planks will dry out and char a bit making some wonderful smelling smoke.

Once they start to dry and the fish starts to turn dark orange around the edges after say 20-30 minutes, I'll crank the heat up on high to really get the planks raging on fire.

Once they really go and the smoke is just pouring, I turn the fire off, close the lid and let them burn for a bit. The fire will die down in about 5 or 10 minutes and I call that done. If it doesn't, a little douse with a spray bottle will knock it down. This gives 'em some finishing heat and really pours the cedar smoke into them. You can tell when they are done because the fish will flake off in nice layers if you pull on it just a bit with a fork - also, the pin bones will be exposed and this is a great time to pull them out as they come out without any effort at this point. Now just scoop them onto a cutting board, take them inside and serve them up yum!

Code 1234

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Steve Ericssons Ribs

Steve Ericssons Rib recipe

A lot of folks have asked about smoking ribs, this is how I do it.

First off, the quality of the meat and your preparation are paramount to a good smoked rack of ribs. I buy my ribs at Costco, more for the money and they have great racks. The preperation consists of trimming excess fat, and the #1 most important thing - removing the membrane from the back of the ribs. The membrane is a white plastic looking barrier all along the back of the rack that will prevent smoke from penetrating the meat. Get ahold of it on the edge, and pull it off as shown. I'm pulling it away from me so my daughter could take a picture for me. She thought I was high or something....no, just hungry!!!

If you're lucky, it will come off in one piece. This is not real easy, as it is kinda' hard to get off, but a necessary step, in my meaningless opinion. Some guys will also cut the flap off the back, at least the contest competitors do for a better presentation. I think that is the absolute best part, so I leave it on. Now is the time to put your spices or dry rub on. I used a bottled spice I get from a guy in California, works great on all sorts of stuff. I didn't have time or ingredients to mix up the RockFish Smoked Candy Brine this time, or I would've used that for sure. I put the spices on and let them sit while I prep the rest of the meat. These I let sit for only an hour or so, until the spices started to emulsify. You can definately let them sit overnight, comes out even better if you have the time! These are ready to go.

Most folks like more spices/brine than this, but I am somewhat of a purist, I suppose, and love the taste of pork and smoke and not much else!

After I get the smoker ready and up to a low temp, the meat goes in - about an hour or so after the meat prep is done. Again, if you can let them sit all night, much better! Here is Sirsmokesalot loaded for the days work. This is actually about an hour or so into it, you can see some pork drippings in the water pan. Yep, this is a slow smoke!!

This load was 4 big racks of baby back pork ribs, and two big racks of beef spare ribs. I'm partial to the pork, but my wife bought the beef thinking they looked good in the store. Actually, there is more meat on pork ribs than on beef, I don't think I'll do beef again, plus pork is just so good!

Here is a closeup of my low heat fire. Not much action, as I just refilled the sawdust. They are completely black when consumed.

I use just Kingsford charcoal, started in a chimeny - NO FLUIDS!! The chip pan is a small bread pan that was given to me for this purpose, loaded with some wet alder sawdust from last time I cut wood last year and dried in the shed in a garbage bag - always save your sawdust!! There is a stick of alder left in from last time, but I don't add any at first. The water pan is a turkey pan filled with about an inch or so of just water. This gives me a low heat about 120 - 150 degrees. I'll tend this and change the chips and add a small kindling stick of alder once in awhile just to maintain a good roll of smoke - like this!

Notice that the temp gauge has hardly moved yet. I love how the smoke just wafts around the yard, and I'm telling you, this drives the neighbors insane! I made the mistake of taking a good smell of smoke right at the stack and just about burnt my nostrils out from hot smoke and steam - don't do that!! Take your wiffs from at least a foot away.....

This will go for about 4 - 5 hours. I am one who is a big fan of low heat, or almost a cold or luke warm smoke, which takes longer. I open the door to check on them every hour and a half or so, to make sure they are not getting too done and to check my water level. At about the 5 hour mark, I put the heat to them to finish them off and kill any bacteria - it is pork (the other white meat) afterall, and must be safe with pork. To put in the heat, I refill the water pan to make sure it won't go empty and build a nice fire of alder kindling under the water pan. With the fire door cracked just a little for ventilation, I maintain about 250-300 degrees for at least another hour to cook them through and really pour in some smoke! If I leave the door open like this and put in some wood, this baby will easily get to 600 degrees or more!

Now that's a fire!! If the neighbors didn't peek over the fence to see what's cookin' before, now they will to see what is burning down! I like to get the fire going to where I can hear the water boil. Nothing like the smell of alder smoke and boiling pig fat drippings!! (Mmmmm, hog fat.....)

Once they get at least a good hour of some heat and I've added wood 2 or 3 times, I'll open the door to check them out. If they look good and done, out they come and I let the fire burn itself out. Smoking pork also coats everything in the smoker nice and black and helps to prevent rust, so it is a win-win!

Here is what a properly smoked rack of baby backs looks like.

They should have a dark carmel look to them like this. This is a sign you have excellent smoke penetration. The first time I smoked ribs was for the Super Bowl party, 9 racks, when I opened the door I thought I had burnt them all up - little did I know they are supposed to look like this!!

When you cut them up, you should see about 1/4" of dark red meat all the way around, and brownish meat in the middle, like this.

The first pic is the beef. The others are pork. These had almost all smoke ring, and just a little brown meat at the cartilege.

Thoroughly smoked!!! This is called the smoke ring, and is a good thing! This is your indicator that you did a good job of getting the smoke into the meat, and you should see this everytime. If you don't, you didn't have enough smoke, or time to get it done right. The trusty ol' Miracle Blade slicer makes quick work of them!

I like to do a lot of them, so I can freeze some for later. This is the batch that didn't get frozen. Me and PITA BOY cleaned these up in a matter of a couple of days for lunch.

That is almost three whole racks stuffed into the biggest Tupperware we have - two racks of pork, one of beef. I eat these babies plain, sometimes I'll dip them in a little KC Masterpiece, but like I said before I love them plain - just pork and smoke! The rest got vacuum sealed and into the freezer.

Don't have a vacuum sealer?? GET ONE!!!

Next time I'm going to use some cherry wood and lay on some honey to sweeten them up a little so wifey and daughter will like them too. These were just for me - selfish, I know.

Code 1232

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hush Puppys by Bob D

Bob D's Hush Puppys
Hush Puppies
These are a must when you are serving any fried fish. They are also irresistible all by themselves.
3/4 cup corn meal
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 teaspoons bacon drippings, melted
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
Crisco or other vegetable shortening for frying
Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl, and mix well.
Melt enough shortening in a skillet or deep fryer to completely cover the hush puppies. Heat to a temperature of 375°F. Drop batter by spoonfuls (approximately 1-1/2 inches in diameter), a few at a time, into the hot oil and deep fry until crisp and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.

Drain on paper towels, and serve at once. Makes about a dozen.

Code 1238

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Crawfish boil by Chris Wilen

Chris Wilen's Crawfish boil

A real crawfish boil is as much about the tradition and experience as it is the food. The food can ruin the experience however. I've been to many crawfish boils in the NW that disappointed after living and cooking in New Orleans. If the crawfish don't force you to grab your beer, IMO you've done something wrong.

So Sunday I hosted a small crawfish boil. I got about 30lbs of Lake Washington crawfish (live) and kept them on ice until about 30 minutes before I was ready to start the pot. At that time, I filled the crawfish cooler with water and dumped in some salt. This forces the crawfish to spit up the mud. Over the next 30 minutes, drain the water and refill, drain and refill until the water stays clean.

I used a large Turkey frying pot with a seafood basket (15 lbs of crawfish at a time). I put whole heads of garlic, quartered onions and halved lemons on the bottom. Then I added water to fill the pot about 3/4 full and added 3 packets of Lousiana Crawfish Boil spice.

I put the pot on the fire until it started boiling. I then added 5 ears of corn (chopped in half) and 6 red potatoes (halved). I returned the water to a boil and let those boil for 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, I added 15lbs of crawfish, brought the water back to a boil and let boil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, cut the heat and let the crawfish soak. The soak time allows the crawfish to absorb the spice. The longer you soak, the more they absorb....I let them soak for about 12-15 minutes.

Serving them is a very fancy process in Louisiana. You cover a piece of plywood with newspaper and pour the crawfish, potatoes, and corn on (after draining the water). Crack the tails, suck the head and enjoy the mudbugs, making sure not to ignore the potatoes or corn...they absorb the spices as well.

Code 1230

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Stuffed Bacon Wraped Prawns by Rockfish

Rockfish's Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Prawns

1 dozen Prawns (or Large Shrimp)
1 pound of crabmeat
1 pound of bacon
Blackening Seasoning
toothpicks

Directions:
Prepare your grill to about medium heat. Split the prawns down the middle being careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff the middle with just enough crabmeat to fill the cavity. Take a slice of bacon and wrap completely around the prawn. Stick a toothpick on each end so that it will stay together securely while grilling. Sprinkle generously with the blackening seasoning. Grill over medium coals for 5-10 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times or until the bacon is crispy and browned. Serve immediately.

CAJUN BLACKENING SPICES

5 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground dried thyme
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix together and store in an air-tight container.

But you can get them at any grocery store we have Cajuns Choice.

Code 1230

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Clam (or Crab) Fritters

From old forum. Author unknown
Clam (or Crab) Fritters

2 cups white flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons Old Bay garlic and herb seasoning
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1-2 cups crab or clam meat.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, make a well in the middle and add everything but the clams or crab meat. Mix gently with a spoon just enough to get most of the lumps out. Dont over do it with the mixing thogh. Then add the meat.

The batter should be thick enough to scoop with a spoon, but runny enough to pour off. If its too thick to pour off the spoon, use a little lemon juice to thin it down some. It should be a little thicker than pancake batter.

Heat about 1-2 inches of deep fry oil to 350 degrees. Drop a tablespoon full of batter at a time into the oil. Let each side fry for about 3-4 minutes then flip over. When golden brown, drain, and place in a bowl lined with paper towels. Salt them to taste.

For dipping you can use a couple things...cocktail sauce, malt vinegar, tarter sauce, lemon juice, or chipotle sauce (ketchup,mayo,and chipotle tabasco).

Code 1230

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Onion Rings

From Rex:

Got this recipe at the last Renton PSA meeting.

Simple recipe. But it seems a waste of good beer.

Onion Rings

One beer

One to one and a-half cups flour

A Tablespoon of salt

A tablespoon of Paprika.

Onions

Corn starch (optional) The Corn Starch helps hold the batter on the rings. If the rings are dusted before going into the batter.

Fry the rings up at 350. Tell golden brown

The variance in the amount of flour depends on how much breading you like. I suggest you start out at a cup and add flour if you like a heavier breading.

Code 1238

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Cream of Mushroom Soup by BennyBlack

I don't take credit for this soup but it's a dandy. I recommend it to all you mushroom and soup lovers..........

Cream of Mushroom Soup

1lb fresh mushrooms (note: I used all wild mushrooms for this recipe when i made it.)

1/4lb fresh porcini or whatever other kind of non-poisonous mushroom you find or buy (or 2 oz. dried)

1 quart chicken broth or beef stock

3/4 cup finely chopped onions

7 tbsp butter

5 tbsp flour

1 bay leaf

3 cups light cream

1 cup heavy cream

1 tsp salt

freshly ground white pepper (to taste)

4 tbsp Chablis or any dry white wine

1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 tbsp finely chopped parsley

1. Chop mushrooms, leaving 6 tops intact.
2. Add 1 tbsp butter to pan; melt and add chopped onions and diced mushrooms.
3. Sauté long enough to blend flavors.
4. Add broth, 3 cups light cream, and bay leaf.
5. Simmer for 30 min.
6. Add wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
7. Melt remaining 6 tbsp of butter, add flour and make a light roux.
8. Add roux to simmering soup while stirring constantly to avoid lumping.
9. Simmer 5 more minutes.
10. Add heavy cream and freshly chopped parsley.
11. Slice remaining 6 mushroom caps and sauté them slightly.
12. Float a mushroom cap on top of each serving, together with freshly chopped parsley.
13. EAT!!!

Code 1240

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
SalmonSeeker's Squid Instructions

SalmonSeeker's Squid Instructions:

for fresh squid.

There are many ways to clean squid, but this is my method:

First I pinch off the tentacles right behind the eyes.

Then I remove the beak from the center of the tentacle portion. We eat
the tentacles in stir fry. Once you get over the American culture "gross"
factor, the tentacles are delicious too.

I then slice the mantle of the squid lengthwise (opposite of the hard
cartilage piece inside the body) with a kitchen scissors.

Next, I remove the innards and the hard piece with one pull.

Rinse and now I have a nice clean mantle.

I place the flat mantle on a cutting board and quickly pull the skin off
the other side. It is easiest to first scrape the skin with a knife then grab
the skin.

You now have a totally clean piece of squid. You will notice the meat is
very clean and opaque. No slime, no smell...good stuff. Now for the
eating part. You can cut it up and eat raw with soy sauce and wasabi....

Or if you aren't up for that yet.... It is delicious fried with butter, salt
and garlic.

Don't over cook! Throw it on the hot pan and as soon as the color
changes from opaque to white, turn it over and you are done. Literally 30
seconds per side! If you fry longer it will only get chewier. If you like
eating pencil erasers, fry longer.

The American way is to deep fry and that is good too, but we like it
simple to enjoy the flavor.

Code 1230

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Duro's Chinese BBQ Pork

Chinese BBQ Pork

This works really good.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons red wine
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons red food coloring
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 green onion -- halved
1 clove garlic -- minced
2 pork tenderloins

Directions:
Trim all fat from meat. Combine soy sauce, wine, sugar, honey, food coloring, cinnamon, onion and garlic in large bowl.Pour into gallon zip lock. Add meat; turn to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning meat occasionally. Reserve marinade.

Place meat on a wire rack in a baking pan. Bake 45 minutes at 350 F, or until no longer pink in the center, turning and basting frequently with marinade.

Remove meat when done and cool.Slice on the diagonal and serve with hot mustard and toasted sesame seeds.

Tip: Put foil in the pan under the rack.The marinade drippings dont clean up to easy.And the foil takes care of the mess.

Code 1232

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Bucks Seafood Spaghetti Bordelaise:

From old forum author unknown

Bucks Seafood Spaghetti Bordelaise:

2 pounds dried spaghetti
1 pd medium shrimp

1pd small scallops

1 bunch of asparagus and chopped into bite size( optional we just like asparagus)

1/2 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions
2 tablespoons white wine
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

Bring med pan of water with tsp salt to boil and blanch asparagus once blanch throw in a cold water bath to retain color. About 10 min

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander.. return to pan and add butter and parsley

in a medium pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and green onions and cook, stirring, until fragrant and starting to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add the wine, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook for 2 Then add asparagus, shrimp and scallops. Cook 3 to five minutes till shrimp and scallops are done. Throw into spaghetti pot and strir.

Serve with garlic bread and salad.

Code 1230

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i8skeerd's Salmon Boats

i8skeerd gets the credit for this one.

Salmon Boats

Fresh salmon (trout will also work)
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Mayonnaise
Finely diced onion
Dillweed
Freshly ground black pepper
Drizzle lemon juice on fresh salmon. Let marinate. Using heavy-duty foil,
make individual foil boat (a little bit larger than fillet) for each serving.

Turn up foil edges to make boat. Mix the mayonnaise, onion, dillweed
and black pepper according to your taste, and in amounts large enough
to cover the top of your fillet.

Place fillet skin-side down in foil boat.

Generously apply mayonnaise mixture; cover fillet about ¼-inch thick.

Place foil boat on grill and bake covered with lid or close grill cover.

Grill until salmon is done and mayonnaise mixture turns light brown,
usually about 15 to 20 minutes.

Use caution when removing foil boat from grill. Serve salmon foil boat hot
with rice pilaf, fresh garden salad and your favorite white wine.

Code 1234

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Racfish's Asada

Asada by Racfish

This recipe was givin to me by a good Mex friend of mine.His terminology is different so use herbs and spices as you normally would.He uses terms like"leetle beet"(a lil bit) or "tzome ov dat"(some of that).Here goes and my best interpretation.

12 oz Budweiser Beer

10 oz. pineapple juice or variations ie..pineapple/papaya

5 oz. soy sauce

2 oz. worchester sauce

1/8 tspn ground cumin

1/8 tspn ground cardiman

1/8 tspn ground corriander

3 cloves fresh garlic (or too ones taste)I use a whole bulb)

black pepper

onion powder

pinch of cinnamon (optional)

a leetle beet of asada seasoning bought at the Mex store(all he said)

MIx alltogether and marinate beef or chicken in a large zip-lock bag overnite.

Code 1238

21 - 40 of 202 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.