Gamefishin's Favorites Recipe Book!! | Page 14 | Gamefishin.com

Gamefishin's Favorites Recipe Book!!

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by Duroboat, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duroboat

Duroboat Moderator Staff Member

Mustard BBQ Sauce

•1 cup prepared yellow mustard
    •1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    •1/3 cup brown sugar
    •2 tablespoons butter
    •1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    •1 tablespoon lemon juice
    •1 teaspoon cayenne
    Preparation:
    Mix all ingredients together and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes

Code 1238

2. Duroboat

Smoked Salmon from GigharborShane

Shane’s Not So Secret Mouth Watering Smoked Salmon / Steelhead Recipe

Salmon or Steelhead Fillets
    3 Cups Yoshita’s Gourmet Sauce
    1/2 Cups Non-Iodized Salt
    1 Cup Brown Sugar
    1 Cup White Sugar
    2 Cups Water

• Combine ingredients in bowl and stir until all dissolved.
    • Cut to the fillets into the sizes you want.
    • Place the Salmon or Steelhead fillets in containers that will allow the pieces to be completely covered.
    • Pour the brine over the fillets, filling the containers deep enough so that the fish is completely covered.
    • Put the fillets and brine into the refrigerator and allow to sit at least overnight.
    • Use Alder wood chips for your smoke.
    • Depending on thickness of filets this will take 4-8 hours in a Little Chief or Big Chief type smoker.
    This is your call depending on how moist or dry you want your salmon to be and how much fish you are smoking.
    • If you prefer a thicker “crust� on the fish sprinkle the fillets with brown sugar before smoking begins.
    • Personal preference…I like to change the chips in My Big Chief smoker every 1 ½ hours.

Everybody who has had smoked salmon or Steelhead from this recipe has really enjoyed the flavor…tweak these instructions and ingredients a bit to make it your own.
    ENJOY!!!

Code 1241salt and pepper blend.

If you save the Salmon Skin you can fry it in your oil also, season it right when you pull it out and enjoy with a cold beer.

Code 1234ts the 150 bt's sais he is gonna keep shooting them too. Guess I can't convert you either... clown: just simply a lame way of thinking that won't fly by most sport fishers!

Mark my words, before this thread is over, if BTBW has his normal ways, it will be contributed to me, and the strong runs of the hatchery fish from the Cowlitz's and Lewis River hatcheries that have brought this problem upon us.

Our fish runs have declined in the Columbia River Basin can be directly credited to one major factor...

It's the damn DAMS! Dams kill as high as 10% on each passage up on our adults and as much as 20% on each passage down on smolts. And how many dams are there on the Columbia? And then you get the side effects ....like our fish can't use what little habitat is left because many of the tributaries habitats are blocked by many other dams.

So maybe guys like BTBW can explain what a 10 or 20% increase in price in our fishing license fees are going to do to address the real problems with our fisheries?hat it was a cooperative effort because he paddled, picked the lure and did the

3. Duroboat

Beef Stroganoff from Chuck S

Chucks Beef stroganoff

Confirmed by a Brit to be the best

2lbs hamburger (I prefer only 3% fat but use what you want)
    1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
    1 cup chopped green onion
    1 cup chopped green pepper
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 cup milk
    1 package of larage noodles

brown hamburger in a large pan along with onions, peppers and mushrooms. At same time biol pot of water and plunk the noodles in it. When the hamburger is brown add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and milk, stir down to a simmer....

Drain cooked noodles, spoon on plate and cover with Stroganoff mix.

Simple, cheap and tasty ...
    Code 1233

4. bing

bing Active Member

Bloomin Onion Sauce

Very rarely do we not have this in the fridge. I put it on everything,,,and dip everything in it.

Just had some on a hot roast beef and havarti wrap.

Its a copy of the Outback Steak House bloomin onion sauce.

1/2 c. mayonnaise
    2 tsp. ketchup
    2 Tbsp. horseradish (little less)
    1/4 tsp. paprika
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. garlic powder
    1/8 tsp. dried oregano
    dash ground pepper
    dash cayenne pepper

gets better with age

Code 1238

Code 1242

5. bing

bing Active Member

chardonnay chicken

This is my variation of a recipe I found a while back.

• 1 whole fryer (skin or no skin)
    • ½ medium onion diced
    • 1 small jar chopped pimentos
    • 2 tbsp melted butter
    • 1 packet italian dressing mix
    • Salt and pepper to taste
    • 1 can cream of mushroom
    • 2 sticks cream cheese
    • ¾ cup chardonnay

Place chicken in crock pot (I usually quarter my bird), pour melted butter over bird. Sprinkle packet of italian dressing mix over bird along with salt/pepper. Add pimento and diced onion around edges. Cook on low or high until done. (4-6 hours)
    In saucepan, mix soup, cream cheese and wine. Stir over medium heat until blended.
    Once cooked, skim excess fat from the top of crock pot using a spoon. Remove bones from chicken at this point if you wish. Pour sauce over chicken and cook 1 hour on low or high. Serve over favorite rice.
    Code 1231

6. bing

bing Active Member

costco pasta salad recipe (my version)

1 rotisserie chicken (chopped)
    1 lb ziti (chopped)
    3 cups kalamata olives (cut in half, pitted)
    2 can artichoke hearts
    1 container grape tomatoes
    1/2 onion (red if possible)
    1/2 cup mayo
    1/2 cup italian dressing
    1 cup ceasar dressing (cardini's if possible)
    splash or 2 of balsamic
    splash or 2 olive oil
    1/4 cup grated cheese
    2 tsp dried oregano
    salt and pepper to taste

(chicken and pasta should be chilled before preperation)
    Code 1238
    Code 1231

7. HOBO98498

HOBO98498 Well-Known Member

HOBO's Pickled Salmon

HOBO’s Pickled Salmon
    Bone and skin fillet. Cut fillets into 1 1/4“ squares. Do not cut pieces larger than this as they will not brine. Try to keep cut pieces uniform. USE GLASS CONTAINERS FOR ALL OF THE PROCESS INCLUDING STORAGE. This recipe is good for about one 10# fish. Previously frozen fish can be used. Fish must be in good condition. No amount of pickling will hide freezer burn, mushy flesh or blood. Dont waste your time or money if your product isnt prime. This is a 3 day process.

1. BRINE:
    • 1 C. pickling salt to 4 C Water. Disolve salt with wooden or plastic spoon.
    • Cover fish with brine (large glass bowl/container)
    • Set for 24 hours (see next note)
    • Half way through the brining process the brine will have a tendency to make the fish stick together. Gently unstick pieces. With gloved hand roll fish in bowl unsticking the fish. Continue with process
    • Pour off brine
    • Rinse lightly
    2. Vinegar:
    • White vinegar 5% acidity. ( I like Heinz)
    • Cover fish with vinegar (large glass bowl/container)
    • Set 24 hours
    • Half way through the brining process the vinegar will have a tendency to make the fish stick together. Gently unstick pieces. With gloved hand roll fish in bowl unsticking the fish. Continue with process.
    • Pour off vinegar
    • Rinse lightly
    3. Pickling Solution: )Make extra See note below)
    • 1 cup white vinegar
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 3 Tbs. of pickling spices. I go to Fred Meyer and buy their bulk pickling spice
    • Bring solution to boil and remove from heat. Let solution completely cool
    • Add 1 cup white port. (I go to the liquor store and buy Fairbanks California White Port)
    4. Cover fish with pickling solution (in bowl/container) Let set for 24 hours.
    5. Add onion to taste. I add slices of onion in strips so it will fit in jars.
    6. Fill clean pint glass jars with salmon pieces (carefully) and cover with solution. Try to divide the solution equally amongst your jars. It is better to have more pickling solution than jars to fill. Make extra pickling solution until you get a grip on fish to solution ratio.
    7. Be sure to not use any metal utinsels in the process. Cover with sealing lid and ring. Refrigerate & enjoy. I have had this in the fridge for up to 90 days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beer steelhead smoked
brine beer brown sugar maple syrup alder

coca cola brine for smoked fish

coca cola brined fish
easy steelhead brine
gamefishin favorites recipe book
how to smoke fresh razor clams

how to smoke razor clams

smoked razor clam brine