Gamefishin's Favorites Recipe Book!! | Page 12 | Gamefishin.com

Gamefishin's Favorites Recipe Book!!

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by Duroboat, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duroboat

Duroboat Moderator Staff Member

Albacore Tacos by Steve Ericsson

Albacore Tacos by Steve Ericsson

Recipe came from my cousin in SoCal from a friend of his...

this will be good for about 20 lbs of fish

3 tablespoons sea salt (pacific or atlantic)
 +2 tablespoons of all the following

cilantro / or / parsley flakes

oregano

course ground pepper

crushed red pepper flakes

ground cumino or cumin

ancho or reg. chili powder

crushed basil flakes

garlic powder

onion powder

dried onion flakes

this is a pretty simple one .

mix all in bowl , coat fish lightly in olive oil , sprinkle heavily with rub , smoke as required

I coated the tuna in the brine mix and left in fridge overnight.

Then, smoke for two hours only, even then was a little too long, next time an hour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Low heat, as low as I could go.

[​IMG]

Chop the fish into a shredded pile

[​IMG]

Load the taco shell

[​IMG]

I used a tomato basil torilla shell, fried in a pan no oil for 15 seconds on medium heat.
    Add some chopped lettuce, peach mango salsa, mexican cheese, tomatos, and just a drop or two of
    Ass In The Tub hot sauce.

Best fish tacos I've EVER had! Tup: Tup:

Code 1235

2. Duroboat

Beer Bacon Sausage Mac and 4 Cheese by madcapmag

Beer Bacon Sausage Mac and 4 Cheese by madcapmag

Yes, you heard me correctly, beer bacon mac and cheese. Here's the recipe. All measurements are approximate.

2lbs Rotini Pasta (I believe rotini holds onto more sauce than macaroni)
    1/2lbs Sharp Cheddar Shredded
    1/4lbs Smoked Gruyere Shredded
    1/4lbs Regular Gruyere Shredded
    1lbs Brie (rind removed) Cubed
    1 Medium/Large Shallot Minced
    5tbsp Unsalted Butter
    2tbsp Olive Oil
    4.5cup Whole Milk
    1.5cup Dark Beer (I used Stone Imperial Russian Stout)
    10 or so Sprigs of Thyme
    10 or so Strips of Thick Cut Bacon
    6-10 Beef Hotdogs
    4-5tbsp All Purpose Flour

Boil the pasta according to directions. Fry (I actually baked at 350 degrees) bacon until crisp and cut into pieces. Boil (I actually cut up and microwaved for 2 minutes) hotdogs and slice.

Melt butter with olive oil, saute minced shallots until translucent over medium heat. Add flour and whisk vigorously until no lumps. Add whole milk and beer. Whisk vigorously. Add cheese and whisk vigorously until all is melted. Add thyme (don't put in the stem) Keep whisking until thick enough to coat backside of spoon.

In a buttered baking dish (I used Pam Spray), lay out sliced hotdogs, lay out pasta, lay out bacon, pour over sauce. Add more shredded cheese if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!
    madcapmag

Code 1238
    Code 1232
    Code 1233

3. VHawk

VHawk Member

This Cost Me hundreds of Pounds of Fish

The following recipe cost me hundreds of pounds of fish to perfect. I've gone through three smokers, a couple hundred pounds of propane, 2 vacuum wrap machines, and untold amounts of sugar to perfect this recipe I'm sharing with you now. If you want a less salty smoked product this is it.

Sugar Brine Smoked Salmon

[​IMG]

A. Use only the best quality fillets.

1. Keep only fish that are in good shape to start with.

As far as eating quality goes, bright is better. The less bronze coloring the better. The very best fish look like bars of silver, with tiny loose scales coming off the fish easily. It’s easier to find these quality fish in the saltwater. If you don’t have easy access to salmon in the salt, then take advantage of the earliest part of a river’s returning fish. If you find that you’re consistently catching fish that are dark, and soft fleshed, during certain times of the year, your run timing is off. Try earlier in the season if possible, try fishing closer to the rivers mouth, or maybe find another river to fish during that time of year.
    If someone uses the cliché “I’m sure it’ll smoke good�, it probably won’t. Don’t use dark bronzed salmon, salmon which were caught sitting on a red, or salmon fillets with the consistency of leftover oatmeal. On the fillet if you notice the muscle bands separating like files in a cabinet, cook it immediately or immediately give it to your cousin. The other test is simple, gently apply pressure your thumb over the thick shoulder of the fillet. If it gives easily, it’s not premium shape.

2. Protect what you’ve caught.

Bleed them

Once you’ve caught that fat salmon, with loose sea scales exploding off its flanks, and scales so bright it requires a welding hood to not go blind, protect it. Give it a solid blow to the head, right on top and between the eyes. Once stunned, take a knife, or using your hands, rip apart several of the gills. Blood will degrade the meat. Blood will also taint your skeins. In order to get as much blood out of the fish as possible, I hold them head down, tail up, and every 20 seconds or so run my fingers through the gills to break up clots.

Ice them down quickly

[​IMG]

I couldn’t understand why I was running across good looking fish which on one side were soft and mushy, and on the other the meat was firm. My conclusion was that it was inadequate cooling. Typically the culprit was a fish left in a fish box without ice. I find that a drift boat fish box works great for holding tackle. It doesn’t do so well in the temperate months holding ice and fish. I’ve had some excellent anglers tell me that the cold metal keeps the fish cool. It does, but only the side of the fish in contact with the metal. The other half of the fish get to air temperatures within a couple of hours. Take a meat thermometer along with you sometime if you want some proof.

Bank anglers are even more abusive when it comes to prematurely cooking fresh caught salmon. If you’re too far from your vehicle to run the fish back to an ice cooler, then keep it on a stringer in running water. Otherwise find a shady spot and cover your fish with wet grass.

Don’t lay your fish on the banks in full sun for hours. Don’t gut it and then let it sit in still water for hours. Try not and let the sun bake your fish, either in the water or out. Treat your salmon like the precious commodity that it is. Treat your fish like something that we may not have forever.

Process them within 24 hours.

Once home you should either finish the cleaning process and get them in the brine, or vaccum wrap and freeze. Don’t let them sit in the refrigerator for days. They will develop a fishy smell, and bacteria will proliferate. Quick processing protects you from gastroenteritis, also known as the dreaded ‘stomach flu’. This quick processing applies to the skeins as well. They will also go bad. In fact they will ferment in the fridge if not cured. Fermented eggs will turn your stomach.

B. The Brining Process

Brining removes water from the fish, and also imparts flavor. Brining does not prevent spoilage. The amount of salt the fish needs to absorb to prevent spoiling is considerable. Most recipes call for much less salt. Considering that we have easy access to refrigeration, the extra salt isn’t needed. The brine recipe I use is very light on salt, and heavy on the brown sugar. Sugar does not remover water as efficiently as salt, so longer brining

1. Preparing your Fillets

I generally cut my fish into strips approx 3 inches wide. I trim the thinner belly portion into two separate pieces. That leaves the shoulders, or front top end of the fillet, as chunky square shaped pieces. I want pieces that are of fairly uniform thickness. When I place them on the smoking racks I can have a rack of thin belly strips and tail sections, and racks with thicker pieces. They will not all take the same amount of time in the smoker, and arranging them like that makes it easier to remove them as they are done.

I also leave the skin on. It seems to help hold in the fat, keeping your fish from drying out. It also eases removing them from the grill. On occasion I use whole fillets. They are great for parties or where the fish will be eaten in one sitting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I use paper towels to pat off any blood that remains on the fillets. Manipulating the fish often forces blood out of the small veins in the muscle. Towels seem to pick up the blood better than rinsing. If you don’t remove blood, it will leave dark stains after it’s done smoking. Large amounts of blood will change the taste. If you bleed out your game before processing, why wouldn’t you bleed out your large fish?

[​IMG]

2. The Sugar Brine Recipe

Mix as much as needed. For a limit of four 11 pound coho, or about 28 pounds of fillets, I use 4 pounds of brown sugar, 2 pounds white sugar, and 3 cups of kosher salt. Mix well. You can also add molasses of your choosing to the white sugar. Different brands do have different flavors. If you use molasses you can flip around the white sugar to brown sugar ratio. The brown sugar is an important part of the recipe as it adds that gorgeous amber color to your fish.
    [​IMG]

3. Putting them together

Take a large enameled pot, as big as will fit in your fridge, and put a layer of fish skin down on the bottom. Spread a thin layer of your dry brine over the top. Then skin up, add another layer of fish. On top of that add a layer of fish skin down. What you want is to always have the fish flesh in contact with the brine. Continue layering fish and bring until you’ve finished or come within 3 inches of the top. Save that space, you’ll use some of it latter.

[​IMG]

The Part Where Art, Skill, and Experience Become Important

So you’ve layered your fish in your enameled pot. Sit that concoction in the fridge for the next 12 hours. After that you’ll be adding 1.2 liters of Kikkoman Soy Sauce to the pot. Gently agitate the pot to allow the sauce to work into the mix. Let stand in the fridge for another 12 hours. After that you’ll need to wash your hands and forearms well, ‘cause you’ll be burying them in the brine in order to rotate the fillets around. They need to be stirred around. If you don’t move them around a little bit, small sections will not come in contact with the brine. It easy to tell where fillets haven’t come into contact with brine, the meat is soft and whiter. Allow to sit for another 12-16 hours.

After sitting in the fridge now for about 2 days, it’s time to check for the first pieces of fish that are done brining. The thinner pieces generally finish first. Clean your hands well, and plunge them into the pot. Pieces on the bottom are also usually first to finish. What you are feeling for is a firm ‘gummy bear’ texture. Remove these pieces from the brine and set aside. Once they’ve been removed, set the remainder back in the fridge for another 4 to 8 hours. Repeat the process until all the fish have been removed.

[​IMG]

Here's one piece that's done, and another right next to it that still needs a few more hours of soak.
    [​IMG]

The fish that are taken out of the brine are given a quick rinse in fresh water, patted dry with paper towels (28 pounds of fillets will cost me a roll of paper towels), and placed on a cookie sheet that’s been first covered with more paper towels. The fish are allowed to sit in the fridge until ready to smoke. I’ve kept them in the fridge for as long as 3 days without any noticeable change in the final results. You want them uncovered so they can air dry.

C. Putting it Together: The Actual Smoking Process

I highly recommend the use of a propane smoker, or a smoker where a person can adjust the heat. Without that control, perfect smoked fish becomes a matter of luck, and extra work. With your propane smoker, preheat the wood chips prior to placing your fish inside. I’ve found that the heat required to smoke the chips is too high for the first part of the smoking process.

While the smoker is warming up get your fish ready. Skin side down, place your fillets on your racks. Make sure you spray the racks down with Pam prior to using them. Leave some space between the fillets, they should not be touching.
    [​IMG]

Once the smoker is putting out heavy smoke, place your fish inside the smoker and turn down the heat all the way to low. You want a starting cooker temp of about 130-140 degrees.

[​IMG]

• First 2 hours oven temps 140 degrees
    • 3rd and 4th hours, oven temps 160 degrees
    • 5th and 6th hours, oven temps 180 degrees
    • After about 7 hours in the smoker run the oven temp to about 225 for 30 minutes

This last part is important. Internal (meat temp) should be 160 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Use a meat thermometer. Too high and your fish will dry out and you’ll lose the precious oils, too low and you’ll risk food poisoning. Improperly prepared seafood is a very significant cause of food poisoning.

[​IMG]
    After the high heat part of the smoking process is over, turn the heat down to 160 degrees. This is where you’ll add my secret ingredients.

In a small coffee cup pour half cup of Yoshida sauce., and add 2 table spoons of Molasses. Stir well. You’ll be brushing this onto the fish. I prefer a brush made of rubber dangly things. The regular cooking brushes seem to always shed when brushing this viscous sauce on the fish. The pics show the type of brush I prefer.

Leave the fish in the smoker for about 30 minutes after brushing. Then turn the heat off and let them cool. Refrigerate after cooling or eat immediately. I prefer to eat immediately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy.

4. Duroboat

Olybirds canned smoked salmon.

Olybirds canned smoked salmon.

Ive smoked/canned some salmon, and I think its great.

basically, do your regular brine/smoke on your salmon. Except i only smoke it for about 1-1 1/2hours at about 170 degrees.

I remove it, then put some pieces into a mason jar. Then I add 3 tbs of Jalapino juice and 3 slices of Jalapino peppers. I buy the jar of pre sliced jalipinos that are in juice that you'd use on nacho's.

Then pressure cook at 11psi for 100 minutes. It comes out awesome. The Juice only gives it a very mild peppery flavor. Much milder than youd expect from jalipinos. The meat is nice and soft and is great with crackers, or solo... OH, its pretty good to have a Corona close by as well..!

Code 1241
    Code 1234

5. Duroboat

fishseaker's Bacon wrapped smoked oysters

Bacon wrapped smoked oysters by fishseaker

I have been getting my limits of oysters and clams whenever possible since late August and experimenting with some recipes. I did a little research and used some of my smoking successes and and failures and finally came up with this recipe for bacon wrapped smoked oysters.

But before you head out here's some thing's to know that will help you harvest a safe and healthy catch, and to do it legally as well.

1.Always make sure you check the WDFW shellfish hot line before heading out. Make sure to leave your oyster shells on the beach. The shells are full of oyster seeds that will grow into to more oysters. Its also illegal to take the shells with you.

2. For collecting and storing your oysters at the beach I like to use a glad 48 oz. storage container. It gives you plenty of room for oversized oysters and all there liquor. It 's just what I use but choose your weapon wisely. A sturdy container that can handle some abuse is necessary due to those sharp shells. And one that can hold a limit is crucial as well. Each harvester must keep his/her limit in a separate container.

3. I always store my oysters in there liquor whether they are going to be refrigerated or frozen. I have been able to store them in the fridge for up to a week without any problems. In the freezer I have stored them in a freezer bag and used them after three months, and they smoked up just fine. They also pan fried up nicely as well but that's for a later post.

So you have gotten them home now and can't wait to enjoy this delicacy. So let's do this this!

Ingredients

2qts water in a 4qt pot
    1-2 cups dry white wine( I like 2 it provides more acidity )
    5-7 drops Worcestershire sauce
    1tsp lemon pepper
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 package of maple cured bacon
    18 oysters washed
    Toothpicks

1. If you harvested your oysters from the beach rinse them really well. No matter how hard I try to eliminate mud sediment and small pieces of shell they always come along for the ride. My best results have been with a strainer and the sprayer on your sink. The larger holed strainers or colanders work the best.You need to move the oysters around and really get into there gill area. Don't be shy there actually darn tough.

2. Add your water, wine, lemon pepper, Worcestershire, and brown sugar to the pot and bring to a boil.

3. Add those oysters and par boil for a minute or two based on the size. Anything over three inches or so should go for about 2 min.

4. Remove the oysters and let them drip back into the pot removing most of the water. Place them on a plate with a couple of paper towels to cool down and lose some of their moisture.

Quick note here: Trying to simply smoke the oysters with out pre-cooking them did not turn out well. Always came out too smokey and a bit gooey for my taste. Eating oysters on the half shell with a bit of Tapatio is great! Eating half cooked gooey smoked nuggets....... no bueno!

Time to get the bacon ready.

5. Place as many strips of bacon as you can on a microwave safe plate. Provide enough space in between them to prevent them from sticking and microwave for 2-3 min depending on the thickness of the bacon. Repeat until all the bacon is cooked.

Quick note here: after figuring out the smoked oyster part here, it was time to figure out the bacon part as well. I Tried wrapping the oysters with uncooked bacon. The oysters turned out great but the the bacon was uncooked and had a gummy texture. No bueno! again.

Well its time to assemble.

1.Cut your bacon strips in half. This should be about the right amount for one full circle of bacon wrap on your oyster with enough of an over wrap for a good toothpick pierce.The bigger the oyster the more wrap you'll need but this should point you in the right direction. Everybody loves bacon!

2.Wrap your oysters.

Preparing your smoker. I have a little chief smoker. So this is what my experience is based on.

1. Your little chief comes with four racks for smoking. The spacing on these racks are spaced too far apart for oysters. So here's what i did. I took the lower and the upper racks and placed each rack on one of the middle racks so that the racks formed a cross rack on two levels. This eliminates two things. They cant fall through the racks and both grills are in the middle of the smoker which provides a more even heat.

2. Place your bacon wrapped oysters on the shelves. The larger ones on the lower racks the smaller on the upper.

Its smoking time now!

1. 1 pan apple wood chips dry. smoke until embers are consumed. Around an hour and a half.

My family has loved it. Big hit at thanksgiving I hope your family's do too!

Code 1230

6. Duroboat

Crab and Macaroni Bake

Crab and Macaroni Bake

Ingredients:

10 oz rotini pasta
    3 tablespoons Butter
    1/4 cup flour
    2 cups 2% milk
    1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
    3/4 teaspoon garlic and herb Old Bay seasoning
    4 ounces cream cheese
    4 ounces Medium Cheddar Cheese, grated
    6 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
    1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
    2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
    1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
    3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
    8 ounces fresh crabmeat

3 slices white bread
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon garlic and herb Old Bay seasoning

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Boil pasta in salted water until tender, drain and set aside.

Place slices of bread on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with seasoning, and bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Turn over and bake an additional 5 minutes until golden on both sides. Remove from oven and let cool.

Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Continue stirring butter and flour mixture over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it has a slightly nutty aroma. Pour in milk while whisking and whisk until smooth. Cook while stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens. Add salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and Old Bay seasoning. Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and add the grated cheddar and monterey jack cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in peppers, onions, shallots, and cilantro. Stir in pasta and gently fold in crab meat. Spray a large shallow (12" x 1 1/2�) ceramic casserole dish with pan spray. Pour in filling and spread out evenly.

Grate toasted bread slices and sprinkle over filling.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling around the edge.

Code 1230
    Code 1238ur economy. But the Obama administration and their supporters on Capitol Hill need to understand that when it comes to spending, there are few things government can do that have a more immediate, positive effect on jobs and the overall economy than expenditures on national defense.

Ronald Reagan knew that. In his first 100 days in office, he took his arguments for cutting taxes and rebuilding the U.S. military -- including a 600-ship Navy -- to the American people. He convinced them -- and they, in turn, convinced the liberals running Capitol Hill -- that these measures were essential for the country. The result was a dramatic rebound in jobs and economic growth from the malaise and stagflation of the Carter years, and there also were significant improvements in the quality, capabilities and readiness of our armed forces.

Regrettably, this lesson appears to have been missed by Mr. Obama and his advisers. The administration has made it clear that they intend to cut defense spending -- even though we are at war -- despite the job losses it would entail. Just days before the inauguration, White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel stated in televised interviews that "on an annual basis, we have about $300 billion in cost overruns" from the Defense Department. The interviewers on NBC and PBS failed to ask him to identify where he found these "overruns" in a $527 billion wartime budget. It apparently doesn't matter. This week, the Office of Management and Budget ordered the Pentagon to show how it can cut $55 billion from the fiscal year 2010 defense program.

To "stimulate" action in this direction, the Congressional Budget Office helpfully pointed out that "savings" of $18 billion could be "realized" by reversing Mr. Obama's pledge to increase the sizes of the U.S. Army and Mari

7. Duroboat

Root Beer Baked Beans

Root Beer Baked Beans

2 slices bacon, diced

1 small onion, diced

36 oz. canned baked beans

1/2 C. root beer (regular – not diet)

1/4 C. barbecue sauce

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

Hot pepper sauce, to taste

Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste

Cook bacon with onion in saucepan until bacon is brown and crisp. Add remaining ingredients.

Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.

Code 1238
    Code 1232

8. Duroboat

PRETZEL JELLO DESSERT

PRETZEL JELLO DESSERT

2 c. crushed pretzels (sticks)
    3/4 c. melted butter
    3 tbsp. sugar

Mix together - press into 9 x 13 inch pan or dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool.

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
    20 oz. frozen or fresh strawberries
    1 med. Cool Whip
    1 c. sugar
    1 lg. pkg. strawberry Jello

Mix together Jello with water. Add strawberries, let set 10 minutes. Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Then beat in Cool Whip. Spread over pretzel crust. Then add Jello over top. Chill until set.

Code 1237

9. Duroboat

Grilled Mesquite Chicken

Grilled Mesquite Chicken by donno

1 Packet McCormick's Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade

1/2 Cup Franks Red Hot

1/8 Cup Vegetable Oil

1/4 Cup honey

Chicken (Your choice of Pieces, Wings, Breasts, Thighs etc.)

In a large bowl mix all the ingredients. Add the chicken and mix well. Use your hands so you can lick your fingers afterward. Let marinade for a half hour to an hour. Fire up the Weber and grill to perfection. Add some more honey to the left over marinade to use for basting.
    donno

Code 1231

10. Guppy trainer

Guppy trainer New Member

Orange and Herb Salmon

Here is a Keeper and super simple too!!

1 Teaspoon White Pepper
    1 Teaspoon granulated Onion
    1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
    1/2 Teaspoon Celery Salt (I finally found a use for that stuff)

Mix thoroughly and reserve to SPRINKLE ON fish

1 cup Frozen Orange Concentrate
    1/4 Cup White wine the fruitier the better but any leftover will do
    1/2 Cup of Fish Stock ( Or Water)
    2 Tablespoons of FRESH Tarragon (no fresh then 1/4 cup of dry will be alright)
    1 Tablespoon of Fresh Thyme (no fresh then 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of dry will be alright)
    Zest of 1 Orange
    1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice

Heat Orange, Wine and Water to simmer, almost a boil, not quite.
    Add herbs and zest allow to reduce by 1/3 it will coat the back of a spoon nicely and the zest will be quite limp
    Take off heat and add Lime juice Salt to taste while still hot. The flavors should melt across your taste buds Brilliant orange flavor so sweet it is like candy ending with a sweet almost licoricy flavor at the back of your tongue

Lightly sprinkle fish with seasoning, SEAR to lock in juices and Finish in a 450 degree oven to medium rare or medium, or finish on broiler or bar b q, your choice should be about 7 minutes for a 1" thick fish
    You can baste but it is so sweet it may burn. Plate fish pour your desired amount on fish and don't forget to share!! you can eat the zest it actually is very tastey

I have used this recently with the leftover sockeye and coho It is a treat!

BTW... It makes a chicken taste good too!

Code 1231
    Code 1234

11. Duroboat

Clams mmmmmmmmmmmm by cdog

Clams mmmmmmmmmmmm
    by cdog

10 large clams, rinsed, sand and grit removed
    3 Tbsp onion
    1 stick butter
    2 Tbsp parsley
    1 clove garlic
    1 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 cup bread crumbs
    clam juice
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Method
    1 Fill a large pot with 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water. Bring water to a boil. Add the clams to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the clams steam for approximately 6-10 minutes, until the shells open. Remove clams from the pot and let cool enough to handle. Discard any clams that have not opened

2 Remove the clam meat from the clams and mince finely. Break apart the clam shells from their hinges. Rinse. Pick 10-12 of the cleanest, nicest looking clam shells and set aside.

3 Preheat oven to 350°F. In a sauté pan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the minced onion. Once the onions have softened (2-3 minutes), add the garlic. Cook the garlic for 1 minute, then add the parsley, bread crumbs, minced clams, lemon juice, and clam juice. Stir until the stuffing mixture is completely moistened. (If too dry, add a bit more butter or clam juice; if too wet, add a bit more bread crumbs.)
    4 Lay clam shells on a baking dish. Scoop a little stuffing mixture onto each clam shell. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes
    cdog

Code 1230

Attached Files:

12. Duroboat

Smoked Salmon Illustrated! by Nelly

Smoked Salmon Illustrated!
    by Nelly

In an effort to get prepared for the upcomin' season, Here is my smoked salmon recipe, complete with pictures and processing tips!
    http://blog.theoutdoorline.com/author/Tom-Nelson.aspx
    Here's hopin' y'all have ample opportunity to "practice" this year!
    Good luck, T

Code 1241

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stuffed Mushrooms on the grill for Newbies

Everyone we know loves these and thought we would share. Its EASY, and fast.

you need:
    mushrooms (the larger the stem diameter the better)
    cream cheese
    cooked bacon (or spinach is awesome too)

Prep:
    remove stems so you have a nice little hole to fill
    mix cream cheese and addition of choice
    over fill mushroom holes
    place on foil covered cookie sheet

cooking:
    1- we prefer on a grill, gives it kind of a smokey flavor, or an oven is fine
    2- on low or high depends on your hurry
    3- you will see in "done" pic that you know its done when mushroom juice starts to puddle under them, looks like melted butter
    4- Eat Tup:

Make a lot, they go fast :shock: :shock:

Code 1238

14. Duroboat

BBQ salmon done RIGHT for the newbie

BBQ salmon done RIGHT for the newbie
    by KCKracker

Ok first and foremost, the NUMBER ONE MISTAKE MADE with salmon is to overcook it. When you drop it on the BBQ you have time for a joke or 2 then its done! There is a thousand plus ways to cook it, but this will get one helluva mean meal in front of you and you cant mess it up, and in my opinion the best way for BBQ, its the only way my family will eat it.

1- cut it right down the middle so it lays open like in the pic.
    2- foil a flat cookie sheet wide sides, long enough to fold over the top of the fish
    3- heavily butter the top of the fish (no frozen pats wont work unless you like DRY fish
    4- salt, and some people prefer some lemon wedges, cover with foil flap.
    5- put in heated BBQ on medium.

you got about ten-15 minutes so don't go pour a drink and start BS'ing

6- When you can lift the spine without any meat sticking to it underneath, it's DONE. eat it, don't question it, just take it off the fire.

Code 1234

Attached Files:

15. Chuck S

Chuck S Active Member

Beef & Chicken Enchiladas ... Chuck style

The basic ingredients:

First put a roast in the crock pot, add some salt and pepper, dry onion and a 1/2 cup of water and let it cook all day. Then take it out and shred into a frying pan. Take 4 chicken breasts and cut into cubes and place into other fry pan. Grab cold beer to assist in process Tup:

Then add 1/4 cup of taco seasoning to each pan and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to boil and then simmer off the rest of water.

Next, open can of Enchilada sauce and add 1/2 cup of sauce and cheese to meat in pan. Turn off heat, mix up until cheese is melted.

Take out some baking pans (use glass only) and spray them with non stick (IMPORTANT!)

Take your soft shells (I like the 10" ones) and spread some of the meat mixture on to them. Add Jalepenos, olives, onions etc. What ever you feel like. You can even spread some refried beans. Be creative ... its all GOOD!

Lastly roll them up and place into baking pans. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Once baking pan is full use the remaining enchilada sauce and spread around them and add cheese to top.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes.

Remove, add sour cream and salsa and have at it! Tup:

There ya have it ...

Code 1238

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      88.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size: