Not open for further replies.
201 - 202 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
costco pasta salad recipe (my version)

1 rotisserie chicken (chopped)
1 lb ziti (chopped)
3 cups kalamata olives (cut in half, pitted)
2 can artichoke hearts
1 container grape tomatoes
1/2 onion (red if possible)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup italian dressing
1 cup ceasar dressing (cardini's if possible)
splash or 2 of balsamic
splash or 2 olive oil
1/4 cup grated cheese
2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

(chicken and pasta should be chilled before preperation)
Code 1238
Code 1231

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
HOBO's Pickled Salmon

HOBO’s Pickled Salmon
Bone and skin fillet. Cut fillets into 1 1/4“ squares. Do not cut pieces larger than this as they will not brine. Try to keep cut pieces uniform. USE GLASS CONTAINERS FOR ALL OF THE PROCESS INCLUDING STORAGE. This recipe is good for about one 10# fish. Previously frozen fish can be used. Fish must be in good condition. No amount of pickling will hide freezer burn, mushy flesh or blood. Dont waste your time or money if your product isnt prime. This is a 3 day process.

1. BRINE:
• 1 C. pickling salt to 4 C Water. Disolve salt with wooden or plastic spoon.
• Cover fish with brine (large glass bowl/container)
• Set for 24 hours (see next note)
• Half way through the brining process the brine will have a tendency to make the fish stick together. Gently unstick pieces. With gloved hand roll fish in bowl unsticking the fish. Continue with process
• Pour off brine
• Rinse lightly
2. Vinegar:
• White vinegar 5% acidity. ( I like Heinz)
• Cover fish with vinegar (large glass bowl/container)
• Set 24 hours
• Half way through the brining process the vinegar will have a tendency to make the fish stick together. Gently unstick pieces. With gloved hand roll fish in bowl unsticking the fish. Continue with process.
• Pour off vinegar
• Rinse lightly
3. Pickling Solution: )Make extra See note below)
• 1 cup white vinegar
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 Tbs. of pickling spices. I go to Fred Meyer and buy their bulk pickling spice
• Bring solution to boil and remove from heat. Let solution completely cool
• Add 1 cup white port. (I go to the liquor store and buy Fairbanks California White Port)
4. Cover fish with pickling solution (in bowl/container) Let set for 24 hours.
5. Add onion to taste. I add slices of onion in strips so it will fit in jars.
6. Fill clean pint glass jars with salmon pieces (carefully) and cover with solution. Try to divide the solution equally amongst your jars. It is better to have more pickling solution than jars to fill. Make extra pickling solution until you get a grip on fish to solution ratio.
7. Be sure to not use any metal utinsels in the process. Cover with sealing lid and ring. Refrigerate & enjoy. I have had this in the fridge for up to 90 days

201 - 202 of 202 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.