Game Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Meat Candy

I love these for a quick easy treat while dinner is on the grill.

Ingredients:
1. Dates
2. Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
3. Bacon ( I like maple curred )
4. Tooth picks

HOW TO:

Take the dates and cut a slice down one side to remove the seed
Fill the center with the grated cheese
Wrap the date with cheese with the bacon and secure with the toothpick
Cook in oven or BBQ until Bacon is done

Code 1238

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chris's Chili

Here is another version of Chili.

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
2 Onions
1 Bell Pepper
1 Clove garlic
1 stalk celery
2 16oz cans tomatoes
1 15 1/2 oz can of tomato sauce
6 or 7 pickled jalapeño peppers
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup chili powder
1 tbs ground red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 can of favorite beer or more
1 15 1/2 oz red kidney beans

Cook hamburger, onions, green pepper, celery, garlic until tender.
Cook everything else except kidney beans for 1 1/2 hrs
Then add kidney beans and enjoy.

Like all chili recipes not every batch is the same. Take and make it your own by adding different peppers or more garlic. I like to add lots of beer as it gives it great flavor. I also take my onions, garlic & celery and run them through the blender before I sauté' them.

Code 1240

·
Registered
190 Posts
Smoked Turkey

Brine is pretty easy. Get % gallon bucket and put 2 to 3 gallons of water in it (depends on size of bird, enough to fully submerge the beast). Add kosher or sea salt (1 cup per gallon of water) and brown sugar (1/2 cup per gallon of water). 2 lemons, 2 limes, and 2 oranges(cut in half and squeeze a little bit) then drop'em in. 4-6 nice sizedsprigs of fresh rosemary and some fresh peppercorn (crushed coarsely)(at this point you can add any other herbs or spices if you want depending on your favorites. Mix it all up good until salt and sugar isdissolved. Drop in the beast and cover. If it is less than 45 degrees just set him outside if not put him in the fridge. Leave him drowning for 12 to 24 hours (longer just makes juicier). Take him out of the goo and rinse him real good. Pat his littel butt dry and rub him up with your favorite oil (I use olive oil or peanut oil (although I have heard a bit of sesame oil gives a nice flavor too) this is just to help him brown up whether you are smoking or baking. That's it. Throw em on the smoker or in the oven and cook normal. If smoking, and you like a lot of smoke flavor you can put him on late the night before(150-180F). Finish him off on medium about 2 hours before your ready to eat. You don't need to spray the bird but you can if you want. I use Apple juice mixed with whiskey and olive oil.

Code 1231

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.