Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys heres the rules.

1. First people to post get in on the swap.
2. Im putting a limit at 15 people, though I doubt that many will participate.
3. If we have less then 5 people, we will all send TWO jigs to each person.
4. Once everyone has signed up, please PM me a mailing address, and I will distribute a list of names and addresses to the participants.
5. Then tie a number of jigs equivalent to the number of people we have in on it. (unless there are less then 5 people, in which case see No. 3) Make sure you send everyone the same pattern, that way, we all come out with an identical set.
6. Jigs should be tied with good quality, if you wouldn't fish with it, don't send it to someone else.
7. Finally, guys these don't need to be fancy complex jigs. Even simple yarn/chenille patterns will suffice.
8. Ideally, tie a pattern that you have created yourself.

Alrighty people, get to tying!

·
Banned
733 Posts
Re: Gamefishin.com Jig Swap

I posted on the other thread but i guess i better put my name down on this one as well. Tup:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Gamefishin.com Jig Swap

Ok heres the deal. Jan. 14th is the last day to sign up. On the 14th, we'll know how many people have signed up, and thus, how many jigs each guys needs to tie. You can start tying now if you wish, but we dont know exactly how many people will sign up.

Please PM me your complete mailing address by the night of the 14th. I'll try to get the address list out to everyone by the afternoon on the 15th.

The next deadline will be the 28th. This is when you need to have your jigs mailed out by. I think two weeks gives everyone enough time to gather the matterials and tie up their jigs.

Please remember guys, if you sign up, don't bail on the jigs tie. If you must duck out for whatever reason, be sure to give us as much advanced warning as possible.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I thought about signing up, but my hand ties jigs look like dog sheddings on a couch. I loved seeing pictures of them last year though. Can you guys post pictures of your jigs here please?

·
Registered
869 Posts
If I chose to participate? I would be mailing a "said" number of envelopes to various swappers? As opposed to sending a self addressed stamped envelope to a central location? The last swap I was involved in (NOT A GAMEFISHIN' EVENT) was kind of like herding cats, wounded whining cats.

Count me IN!!!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guppy: You will be sending an envelope, plus a jig, to each participatant. So right now, no, it isnt a said number of jigs, however, we will know the total on the 14th when sign up ends.

Hope that helps.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Whenever I do fly swaps everyone sends their flies to the facilitater and then they are incharge of send out all the flies to all the people, is this not how its gonna work?

·
Banned
733 Posts
O. mykiss said:
Whenever I do fly swaps everyone sends their flies to the facilitater and then they are incharge of send out all the flies to all the people, is this not how its gonna work?
I have never participated in anything like this but what i got from this is that we will all tie up a number of jigs( depending on how many people) and we will all recieve everyones addresses and we send out to all the participants individually. I dont think it will be to bad mailing out to everyone?
Omar

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Kind of thinking along the lines of O. mykiss's post. Just a thought on future swaps to make things easier for all who participate. Having participated in fly swaps in the past, this seemed to work out well. Hope you don't mind the suggestion.

Have all the jigs sent to the swap master, in this case that would be SilverSlayer. This eliminates everyone having to send out one jig at a time.
To compansate the swapmaster for his time and mailing expenses, throw in a few dollars ($2-3.00) to cover return postage. You can also tie up one extra jig for the swapmaster as a token of your appreciation for him running the swap.
Once all the jigs are received and photographed by SS, he divides them up and sends them out. Bruce gets a set for an auction and SilverSlayer gets some extra jigs for running the swap.

Getting home and finding a package with a dozen or so jigs is more fun then receiving them one at a time.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Stonefish said:
Kind of thinking along the lines of O. mykiss's post. Just a thought on future swaps to make things easier for all who participate. Having participated in fly swaps in the past, this seemed to work out well. Hope you don't mind the suggestion.

Have all the jigs sent to the swap master, in this case that would be SilverSlayer. This eliminates everyone having to send out one jig at a time.
To compansate the swapmaster for his time and mailing expenses, throw in a few dollars ($2-3.00) to cover return postage. You can also tie up one extra jig for the swapmaster as a token of your appreciation for him running the swap.
Once all the jigs are received and photographed by SS, he divides them up and sends them out. Bruce gets a set for an auction and SilverSlayer gets some extra jigs for running the swap.

Getting home and finding a package with a dozen or so jigs is more fun then receiving them one at a time.
Thats how I would do it.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry guys, we're not doing it that way for several reasons.
1.) The mail is slow from Ellensburg, and it is often lost at my apt.
2.) With school, I really dont have the time to package up, wait for, and deal with everyone's jigs.

So, for now, lets just try it this way and see how it works. We can always do anyother one later the other way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it helps at all, here is a set of rules I stole from another board.

Rules:

there will be ## participants, each participant will create ## identical Steelhead jigs, one set of jigs for each participant.

Participants will be selected on a first come basis. There will be ## spots including mine which leaves ## spots up for grabs.

The deadline for jigs to be completed will be ## days from the official start date (to be announced). ALL jigs must be received by me by the end of the deadline.

Participants who fail to meet the deadline will be barred from future jig swaps hosted by me.

Once you have become a participant, you are committed to finish the swap, so please, make sure you have the time and materials to tie your jigs.

I will PM all participants my mailing address, if your PM’s are turned off then PM me with your email address so I can give you my mailing address.

All participants must include a self addressed, postage paid envelope with their ## jigs to receive their set of jigs back. As an option you can go to http://www.usps.com and create Priority Mail shipping labels, I will supply packaging if you choose this shipping method.

Make sure your return package has the correct mailing address and is legible; I will not be responsible for lost packages.

Each jig must be labeled with the participant's name (moniker) either on a tag on the shank of the hook or written on the bag if bagged.

Thank you and happy tying!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright guys, today is the last day to sign up for the swap. So far there is only six of us, there's plenty of room for more people.

For those of you already signed up, I am waiting on adresses from three people still. The address list will be sent as soon as those people give me their information.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If the number of guys doing this stays in the 6-7 range, would you all be interested in bumping up the number jigs per person to two? This way we all end up with a decent amount of jigs, say 12-14.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts