Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is your official announcment. March 15th 2008 Gamefishin.Com BlackMouth Derby at Point Defiance. Tickets are 20 bucks. Kids 14 and under are free. Tickets on sale right now at Auburn Sports and Marine and Sportsman Warehouse of Federal Way. Cash Prizes, Contingencys and Trophys for the kids. Tup: Any questions feel free to PM me or Email at [email protected]. Hurry and get your tickets its Limited to 200 !!! Lip Ripper

Tides for Tahlequah, Neil Pt., Dalco Passage, Vashon I. starting with March 15, 2008.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 15 High 1:49 AM 10.8 7:22 AM Set 4:29 AM 55
15 Low 6:46 AM 8.3 7:16 PM Rise 12:24 PM
15 High 11:10 AM 10.3
15 Low 6:38 PM -0.2

OFFICIAL Gamefishin.Com BlackMouth Fishing Derby Rules, March 15th 2008

1. Rules and Procedures

a) Adult Derby tickets cost $20 per person.
b) Kids 14 and under can enter the kid’s derby for free. Kid’s derby tickets are not eligible for adult derby prizes or cash.
c) Kids may purchase adult tickets to enter the adult derby.
d) Adult cash prize amounts are dependant upon derby costs and adult derby entries. A maximum of 200 derby tickets are available. Final prize amounts will be announced at derby ceremonies.
e) The first fish recorded at a given weight wins a tie. All fish must be whole and fresh caught. They may not be altered in any way. Any fish showing signs of having been altered, frozen or in any way preserved will be disqualified. Any fish entered may be retained by officials until awards ceremony. All fish are subject to inspection and cleaning at official’s discretion.
f) Contestants must show a valid derby ticket at weight in when entering a fish.
g) All contestants must fish according to the applicable laws of the State of Washington. Fishing is limited to Marine area 11 & 13 as defined by the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife.
h) No Contestant may win more than one “ladder� prize. This does not included raffle or door prizes.
i) First, Second, and third place winners in the adult derby will be awarded the cash prizes and must be present at the award ceremony. All other consolation prizes will be awarded to those present at the award ceremony. Names of the winners will be called based on the weight of there fish from highest to lowest. Ten trophies will be awarded in the kid’s category.
j) All disputes will be decided by derby officials, whose decisions will be final.
k) Event organizers/volunteers/Sponsors are eligible to purchase derby tickets and enter fish for cash or prizes during this event.
l) Derby fish can only be caught in Areas 11 & 13, between 6:00am and 1:00pm March 15th 2008.
m) Everyone fishing on the boat must have a derby ticket. If you are a licensed angler and are marking fish on your card then you must have a ticket. Anyone with a marked punch card in a derby boat on the day of the derby must have a ticket. Please be prepared to show your punch card at weigh in time. If you are marking fish on your salmon punch card then you will be considered "fishing".
n) Any boat caught violating derby rules will be disqualified. Everyone on board will be disqualified.

2. Weigh Station â€" All fish must be weighed in at the official derby weigh station by a derby official. All fish must arrive at Pt. Defiance weigh station via boat. The weigh station at the tackle shop will be open from 10am to 1pm for derby weigh in. You must be in line by 1pm at the scale for your fish to qualify for prizes.

3. Awards Ceremony â€" The awards ceremony will be held Saturday, March 15th at the Point Defiance boat house back deck. The awards ceremony will start at 2:00 PM. All prizes will be given away at the ceremony. Attendance at the awards and photo ceremony is required to receive prizes.

4. Responsibility- Anyone entering the Derby, or providing assistance to the Derby Officials, agrees to hold the officials harmless for any damages or claims that may arise. If you choose to participate, you agree that you are responsible for your own safety.
We Will monitor VHF channel 68 from 6:00AM to 1:00PM

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
Let me say that Lip Ripper as put a lot of time and effort into putting this derby together! Well done!

I'm looking forward to it! clap:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sweet!!! That is my birthday weekend. I think I'll treat myself to fishing in the derby.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Is there a cut off date to buy tickets?

Is there a limited number of tickets?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tickets will be picked up a couple of days prior to the event so sign ups can be logged. You can buy as many as you want. Every person on a derby boat must have a ticket. When you purchase the ticket you will recieve 2 pages of rules with it. Lip RIpper

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, When you purchase your ticket. Get one for your child and on the sign up sheet you mark child and its a free ticket. If you want them to go for the cash you can purchase an adult ticket for them. There will be 10 kids trophys handed out. Lip Ripper

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Yellowfin I just was talking to one of your work buddys he said he will cover you that weekend!! Your IN!!! wink:

·
Registered
488 Posts
LipRipper,

Thank for all of your hard work. clap:
You picked a good place for a derby this time of the year. Even if the wind blows, there will be good sheltered fishing areas for every possible wind direction.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
SportJet said:
Nice job setting this up Tup:

I just cant believe it is the weekend I am in vegas conf:
thats what ya call BITTERSWEET!!!

im not a blackmouth fisherman but i can help out if need be Lip Ripper. Just send me a PM if ya need help with anything! Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Sounds great! I dont have a ride so I will wish you all well. Love to see gamefishin events. Great job lippripper!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I'm in!!!!! Tup: I gotta make sure Seasport doesn't win this thing with one of his 22 1/8" long blackmouths. :D

Hey, what is a "Contigancy prize"? Its right there in the middle of the flyer.
I'm actually starting to get a few with size. Landed a nice one before it closed and lost a nice one with Cat Fisher. Watch out, I know where those big 25 inchers are!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts