Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for anyone who is interrested in getting into jig tying there is going to be a class on it at sportsmans warehouse this wednesday the 6th at 6pm at the lacey store. i am the guest this month. i am not a public speaker by any means but i will do my best to help share my knowledge on this subject the best i can so if anyone is interrested give the lacey store a call to reserve a spot (360)459-5800 spaces are limited

all materials are supplies for free. tying jigs is really easy and fun so if you have ever wanted to try now is a good time to check it out.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Should be a good one!! Steves Jigs are awesome!!

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
You should also do it at the Federal way store. Its a lot closer for me. :D

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
If I had camcorder it could be possible .... but would be long.......
Tiderunner said:
Keith, I think you should record and post it

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts

·
Registered
6,506 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keith,
just say the word man. i would love to do a class for you guys up there. i can't say enough about keith and the guys up at federal way,good bunch of dudes.
for any of you guys that show up tomorrow please say hi and let me know who you are on this site. i like to put a name with a face.
it should be a good class, pretty much jig tying 101 but i will show some more advanced stuff towards the end for anyone who want to stick around. they are supplying all the material,heads,vises etc. you can't go wrong.

hope to see some of you guys there
steve

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zach said:
Don't sell yourself short Kramer, I met you recently at the dinner for that other site and you were pretty eloquent.

FYI: I just called the number to register and they said that the list is so long they are no longer taking names but I could still come if I showed up around 6 or sooner.
zach,
how ya doin' man. good to hear from you.
i just talked to eric {store manager} and he said that they will still have room,he said they got rid of the list becuase it was a pain in the arse.they are telling people to show up,they abandoned the list a week ago.i think he said that there is room for about 40 people total. i would get there about 15 minutes early. i will be there around 5pm if anyone has any questions or just wants to b.s. { i am good at that,i tend to be pretty long winded :lol: }

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Erics the fishing manager (just a side note...LoL..) Your doing a class for 40 people!!! I hope you know what your getting into Steve!!! We've been doing fly tying classes for 5 people + anyone that just wants to watch and there running min. of 2 hours!! I'd come down and check it out but I gota close the store that night! I'll get ahold of you this week!! Tup:

fishpimp said:
zach said:
Don't sell yourself short Kramer, I met you recently at the dinner for that other site and you were pretty eloquent.

FYI: I just called the number to register and they said that the list is so long they are no longer taking names but I could still come if I showed up around 6 or sooner.
zach,
how ya doin' man. good to hear from you.
i just talked to eric {store manager} and he said that they will still have room,he said they got rid of the list becuase it was a pain in the arse.they are telling people to show up,they abandoned the list a week ago.i think he said that there is room for about 40 people total. i would get there about 15 minutes early. i will be there around 5pm if anyone has any questions or just wants to b.s. { i am good at that,i tend to be pretty long winded :lol: }

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fish Guy Keith said:
Erics the fishing manager (just a side note...LoL..) Your doing a class for 40 people!!! I hope you know what your getting into Steve!!! We've been doing fly tying classes for 5 people + anyone that just wants to watch and there running min. of 2 hours!! I'd come down and check it out but I gota close the store that night! I'll get ahold of you this week!! Tup:
ooops,i mean fishing dept manager. hell you know what i mean. :lol:
i have never done one of these classes before but i will have 2 helperes from sportsmans, they both teach the fly class. we will see, it will be a learning experience for both the students and myself. either way it will be fun and informative.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Sounds like someone liked it!!!! Glad to here it was a sucsess!! clap:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
zach said:
Great class Steve, thanks for putting it on. I've made bead and yarn jigs for years and never knew how easy tying jigs was.

I'll still be ordering a mess of Tweakers in 1/4 oz from you in a month or so for Springer season, even though you showed me how to make them myself--I can't possibly tie all the jigs I need when I fish so much and lose so many. I also want to get my hands on some of your plastics, the shrimp and spankies.

My jigs look like a blind man with seven thumbs tied them but I think that will be all the more reason the fish will want to brutally take them out of the food chain.

Great times, thanks. clap:
thanks zach, it was fun. nothing is as rewarding as making your own gear. everyone is all thumbs for there first dozen or 2 but you will get the hang of it. i will guarantee that a fish will bite the jigs you made lastnight. they looked fine.

it was a really fun time,i would love to do some more. the class drew such a crowd that they want me to come back next month. now all we need to do is get keith to invite me up to the federal way store ;)

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
I dont know now..... I feel like second best even though I carry your jigs and worms..... LoL.... I'll get with you and we'll definatley get something going!!
Go team Pimp!!!
fishpimp said:
zach said:
Great class Steve, thanks for putting it on. I've made bead and yarn jigs for years and never knew how easy tying jigs was.

I'll still be ordering a mess of Tweakers in 1/4 oz from you in a month or so for Springer season, even though you showed me how to make them myself--I can't possibly tie all the jigs I need when I fish so much and lose so many. I also want to get my hands on some of your plastics, the shrimp and spankies.

My jigs look like a blind man with seven thumbs tied them but I think that will be all the more reason the fish will want to brutally take them out of the food chain.

Great times, thanks. clap:
thanks zach, it was fun. nothing is as rewarding as making your own gear. everyone is all thumbs for there first dozen or 2 but you will get the hang of it. i will guarantee that a fish will bite the jigs you made lastnight. they looked fine.

it was a really fun time,i would love to do some more. the class drew such a crowd that they want me to come back next month. now all we need to do is get keith to invite me up to the federal way store ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts