Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing the Nooch the other day and found a reel in the river. A little worse for ware, but I'm going to try to clean it up to see if I can make it work. My friend and coworker said it may have belonged to one of the guys that where in a drift boat accident in which one of them died a couple of months ago. :( He said it happened not to far above where I was fishing.

The reason that I posted this is because the family or other fisherman in the boat might want it back. For sentimental reasons if nothing else. If some one on this board is that person or knows somebody affiliated, please let them know that I found it. If they can identify the type and make of the reel. I will gladly return it to them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure. Don't know that river well. I'm just going by what my coworker said. He grew up down there and has lots of family down there.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I've had 2 reels with rods leave my driftboat on the Wynoochee River in past years.

Both were Shimano Calcutta 250's. 1 was new and it was it's first day on the river.

Losing both with the rods did put a hurt in the ol' pocketbook for sure.

oldguy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts