Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news, I got acute influenza!! Im the fIrst case in my docotrs office, anyone else been so lucky?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
It has been going around Coulee City for several weeks now. I stay outside fishing through the ice as much as I can. That keeps me away from all the sick people and keeps me having fun at the same time.

I sure hope this old man doesn’t get it. It is getting too close to the “Rufus Tilla� get together to come down sick.r her. In our state there are many that follow the Stalin rule.

Ave, etc)
Ch 14 Puget Sound VTS (Vessel Traffic System) Like an aircraft controller, only for vessels. All tugs, ferries, ships, etc check into the VTS system via this ch

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Dam Mayfly, your supposed to use protection, oh wait "influenza", my bad :lol: , sorry to hear that, hope it doesn't get worse, I heard it can develope bad if you don't take care of it

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I got a flu shot this year and so far so good. Don't know if it worked though, but I guess it's just a security patch. Hope you feel better Mayfly. drink lots of liquids like gatoraid to restore body fluids when you've got a fever. Looks like a few more fish will make it to the spawning grounds since you're out for the count. wink:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i am just starting to get over some flu symptoms myself. This is the first time I have gotten the flu in the last 5 or 6 years when i had it bad. its funny because this is the first time i didnt get my flu shot in the last 5 years.... conf:

so get the flu shot it works lol

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GURU said:
Dam Mayfly, your supposed to use protection, oh wait "influenza", my bad :lol: , sorry to hear that, hope it doesn't get worse, I heard it can develope bad if you don't take care of it
LMAO :lol:

·
Banned
661 Posts
It's going on two weeks for me and I'm just starting to shake the bug. Working out in the cold these last few days has been rough. Glad we went back on 8's monday.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Today's the first day since Saturday I didn't have at least a 101 degree fever and heavy coughing and headache. This flu is the worst thing I've ever encountered. I passed it to my kids Monday and my wife just got it today. I am not real popular at my house right now and get to wait on everyone. Good times.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CommanderX said:
Today's the first day since Saturday I didn't have at least a 101 degree fever and heavy coughing and headache. This flu is the worst thing I've ever encountered. I passed it to my kids Monday and my wife just got it today. I am not real popular at my house right now and get to wait on everyone. Good times.
I came down with it Mon. night and made it the the doctor Thurs. morning. After probing my nose he informed me I had the flu and should get my kids in as soon as possible for there shots. I called the wife and she had them in within 2 hours for the shots. My son who is 4y/o was pist for getting poked but he will be much better with out the flu. As for my 6 month old daughter, im just lucky not to have givin it to her.. Sounds like hell in your house, hope thay get better soon sick:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I guess it's goin' good in our area bud. We've been running sick bay over here all week - just got one back to school today after missing all week, the other picked it up yesterday. Poor kid had the bad fever delierium action going on - last night he came outta his room totally wigged out about voices/creatures in the walls - he kept trying to run outside with just jammy bottoms on and was yelling at me to let him go, they were going to "get" him. Took awhile but we got him calmed down and re-dosed him with tylenol.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thepoth said:
I guess it's goin' good in our area bud. We've been running sick bay over here all week - just got one back to school today after missing all week, the other picked it up yesterday. Poor kid had the bad fever delierium action going on - last night he came outta his room totally wigged out about voices/creatures in the walls - he kept trying to run outside with just jammy bottoms on and was yelling at me to let him go, they were going to "get" him. Took awhile but we got him calmed down and re-dosed him with tylenol.
Yikes, thats creapy. I did have some odd dreams as I tossed and turned :?

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
mayfly0013 said:
CommanderX said:
I came down with it Mon. night and made it the the doctor Thurs. morning. After probing my nose he informed me I had the flu and should get my kids in as soon as possible for there shots. I called the wife and she had them in within 2 hours for the shots. My son who is 4y/o was pist for getting poked but he will be much better with out the flu. As for my 6 month old daughter, im just lucky not to have givin it to her.. Sounds like hell in your house, hope thay get better soon sick:
Those shots wont help if they get it from you. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for the Flu shot to become effective against the Flu, hence why most get it in October when the Flu is usually around at full steam in Jan-Feb. (Got that from Flu site) Best is to not cough around them and wash hands over and over, Them as well.

I usually get shot but forgot this year. Hope I dont pay.

Hope you feel better!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts