Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I better put a report up here because I fish Flowing quite a bit and there aren't any reports at all. It's a great lake before and after the jet-skis and wake boarders get on the lake. 10:30am to 5:30pm is "their" time and it gets pretty bumpy for fishing in a small boat. My two sons and I fished 1/2 days on 7/15 and 7/16 with good success both days. We worked the west side of the lake along the deepest section with about 50 to 60 feet of water below us. Trolling wedding rings (orange or red) with worms behind #2 bolo flashers at about 40+' deep we nailed 4 nice Kokanee (YES, KOKANEE - 3 at 14" and 1 at 15") and numerous rainbows from 11" to 14". Lost way too many fish including 3 Kokanee right near the boat and a lunker rainbow that decided to do some aero-acrobatics when it saw the net. I've had good luck just running hardware but when I added the worm the bite picked up dramatically. Fish were biting regardless of the time of day. Go deep, the Kokes where awesome eating!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Bass again, this time on Flowing. 10 bass in 4 hours with a jet-ski accident and med-flight chopper landing at the park in between. Jet skier evidently ran over a swimmer outside of the swimming boundry. 5 small 10" or so, 3 decent fighters around a pound each and two of the biggest bass ever for me. A 4 pounder and a 4.5 pounder in the logs by the park boat launch. Watermelon w/red and black flake and watermelon with green and black flake most productive. The big ones took me for a ride! I'm liking this bass stuff!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Started fishing at the crack of 8:00 in this morning we launched at the game dept. boat ramp and started to troll north up the east side of the lake. Trolling in about 20’ of water pulling pop gear and wedding ring spinners with a worm on two rods and two frog Dick Nites on the other two rods. Started getting hits right away everything was working about the same felt like opening day we would have two and three fish on at a time. The fish were all about the same size (planters) we had our limits quick and called it a good day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts