Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well still in search of that elusive summer run. Fished a few days up at Flaming Geyser now, shooting up there after work during the week for a few hours. Talked with one guy down there who caught an awesome 4+ lb cutthroat in the hole right by the parking lot. Is anyone else having any luck up there? Which holes are producing and with what gear? Any help would be nice, hope to get out again soon and give them hell! Thanks in advance. Happy summer everyone and happy fishing!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Start at FG and work up river. Lil globs of eggs, jigs. Don't be afraid to cast out your egg snot with a couple eggs left it in, always can snag up a bow with that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
My advice is work the river, don't pound a spot too long and work up and down river, FG is nice but there is a lot of river up and down from there. There aren't a ton of fish so I don't think you'll have much luck waiting for them to come to you. Also, throw lots of options out there. You could be unsuccessfully throwing a spoon at a fish for 20 minutes that would readily bite a jig.

·
Registered
612 Posts
STSGreen said:
Start at FG and work up river. Lil globs of eggs, jigs. Don't be afraid to cast out your egg snot with a couple eggs left it in, always can snag up a bow with that.
You snag trout??? wink:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
TedR said:
STSGreen said:
You snag trout??? wink:
O you know ;) lol KIDDING. I always forget when i use that word in a sentence, what it means to fisherman. how about

"you can always PICK UP a bow with that" haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts