Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everybody!!!! I'm thinking about heading down to the green river this weekend with my brother in law. I was wondering if you can suggest some areas of the green from maple valley to possibly Kanasket Palmer. I grew up in that area but haven't fished the river in 17 yrs. ( geez im getting old ) Nice wading areas would be great. My brother in law is the type of guy that wants results, but we all know thats not always possible. So if i can get him into as many holes as i can possible maybe he'll get the picture. Or even a different river in So. King County, or Pierce County. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah the Nisqually is pretty good for the results(if you want chum) The Carbon isn't too far away from you either and thats a nice stretch to walk and fish. Or you could try parking at flaming geyser and walking up into the canyon aways. If you want/NEED results go where you know the fish are. The Cwlitz or the Sky, just know that the crowds are there in full force. But then again the same can be said about the nisqually

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If your looking for high percentage results the green river is not the choice. The Nisqually is stacked with chums right now and even farther south the Cow is producing some steel.

But if you don;t mind beautiful scenery the green is a perfect choice. I tend to fish the Metzler park area (home of my first steelie). The Kanaskat, Gorge areas are all beautiful and scenic!

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts