Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to get info from any of you that have experienced this fishery. Particularly Salmon run times and species. My friends father-in-law lives on Prince of Wales island so we were thinking of visiting hopefully in August or September.
He lives on the eastern side of the island. Waterfront, boat, etc.
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
August and Sept - pinks and silvers.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
There's a great article in the current issue of the Reel News about fishing Ketchikan.

·
Registered
464 Posts
when you get up here give me a Call
May be we could Hook up wink: Tup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can be on the East coast of Prince of Wales and be a heck of a long ways from Ketchikan- 60-70 miles or more. Where abouts are you headed-Kasaan, Thorne Bay, Whale Pass? August or September are coho time and the halibut are always around. Real good ling and bottom fishing, but I think the slot size for lings down there is 30 to 40 inches and non residents only get one a year. I haven't fished there for years but we used to get some real nice coho in late Aug ,early Sept around Thorne Bay and the Kasaan Penninsula.

·
Registered
464 Posts
If they are on the inside
We will have early Cohos the first part of june thru the first part of aug. then again in sept thru nov and some really nice big one my biggest has been 27 lbs
Big one for last year was 23 lbs.

The king will start showing any day now and run thru July.

Chum will start in June some time and peak in July

Sockeye show up in june and around until late aug( depending on what river they are heading to)

We get Pinks Every year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts