Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, headed to Olympia next week and was hoping to hook up with someone local for some surf fishing. I've been bouncing around the net for guides, but no luck so far. I'm flying, so I won't have my own tackle. Appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
welp, I haven't found a guide. Thinking I may bring a bit of tackle and reel, and buy a rod there. Would still like to catch up with someone going out on the surf.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hmm, seems like an easy question to answer. I’m no surf Fisher, but have witnessed the angling many times for surf critters just north of Ocean Shores near Copalis. It looks like one could use a nice long surf spinning rod maybe 9 or 10 ft. 20 lb test line on a large spinning real. A couple snap swivels with a 3 to 5 oz pyramid sinker , a foot or two of leader, and baited with local clam check pieces. Cast out into the surf, let it sink, and it should be fishing. Real up, and repeat. Not sure of the tide, but assume fishing the last half of the in tide, being careful of the rising waters. I’ve not heard of any local guides offering their services for this endeavor however...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts