Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my fishing reels this afternoon and came across my Quantum XR40F and noticed that I am missing the front drag knob. I went onto the Quantum Fishing website to look for parts but didn't see anything nor did I find any info on this specific reel (which I found odd). I also did a net search for 'fishing reel parts' but also had no luck finding this piece. Do any of you have any ideas and/or recommendations as to where I could find the front drag knob for this reel? Any feedback and info is greatly appreciated!

Here are a few pics of my reel:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Try auburn sports marine they are a quantum dealer. Great guys they will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It may no longer be in production (discontinued model)--that's why there was no info on the Quantum site.

My understanding is that the manufacturer might stock parts on discontinued reels for about 2-3 years, and then no more. After that, you will need to locate some reel repair shops that may have parts (new old stock) in their inventory. Also, while the reel model itself may be discontinued, the parts on currrent reel models may be identical to the parts on the old model--just different color scheme.

The Peddler would be a good person to inquire with, as mentioned above, since he is a Quantum sales rep and can steer you in the right direction. Rather than waiting for him to read and respond to this thread, you can probably PM or email him directly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for the replies & info gentlemen! I may do as you say and contact Ollie Damons and The Peddler. I appreciate you taking the time to guide me in the appropriate direction and for naming these contacts. You guys rock! Tup:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just IM'd The Peddler and have my fingers crossed in hopes of having him obtain this part for my reel. Thanks again guys for your help!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
You've got "PM." I, personally, can not get the part for you, but if you contact our consumer relations department they can tell you if the part is available, and sell it to you. I do not know what it will cost. Their number is 1-800-588-9030. They're in Tulsa, OK and they operate from 8am to 4:30pm Central time.

That model has-indeed been discontinued for a few years, which is why there is no info about it on http://www.quantumfishing.com. They will likely have the part available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts