Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are up here in Tonasket at our cabin for the holiday.Wife and i hit Bonaparte this afternooon and fishing was not as good as it was the other day.We only managed one fish a piece around 14in on both.We however did get a surprise.My wife was cleaning the fish she caught and i heard her scream.I ran into the kitchen and she is holding her finger bleeding all over the place.I;m going did you slice you;r finger with the fillet knife.She says no and thats when i notice the hook in the fish guts.She was running her thumb along the blood seam and hit a hook the fish had swallowed.Biggest hook i ever seen some kind of huge sturgeon hook in a little rainbow.
Makes me wonder who or what the fisherman was trying to catch here,and how this tiny fish didnt die from this huge hook i have no clue.Saved the hook for posterity.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That is very strange, that hook might not have been there that long, lot of people fish for macks at Bonaparte ,so I could see why someone may have used big hooks for catching a mack. Gee your a lucky guy having her clean your fish for you, hope she doesn't change her mind about cleaning the fish anymore after that incident. :lol: :p

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wife actually likes to clean her own fish.I also usually do my own but since we only had 2 she just did it.She is updated on her tetnus shots..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts