Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you used McCoy Mean Green Line extreme? I can get a real good deal on it (cousin works for an online fishing warehouse). It sounds like some good line, but I have never tried it.
Thanks-
Mark

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have used the Mean Green in 12lb test on my spinning reels and it worked great. I will say that it is an impregnated line that will coat your finger as it is loading and your finger will have a small amount of film on it when you are done. This line is a co-polymer and is coated to keep from absorbing water, as well as help it stay limp. Make sure when you tie onto the swivel you have a good tight not. Other than that I liked it for the spinning reels, as it is limp and won't memory up and twist. I would re-spool after a season as I used this line a lot on the upper Toutle in the gray volcanic silt water chasing the big silvers. The line held up to the twisting that those bad boys can put out and it also had good abrasion resistance.
As with any line only the user can make the choice if it will work for them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Use it on spinning reels/rods - Use the 8lb for summer fish and early brats on my jig rod. just be careful when you cinch down your knot with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts