·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a kick!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331950,00.html

Arizona Animal Rights Activist Catches New Last Name: FishingHurts

Friday, February 22, 2008

An Arizona animal-rights activist has reeled in a new name for herself â€" and Chilean sea bass everywhere are flapping their fins in approval.

Rachel Feather, 21, legally changed her last name to FishingHurts because, she believes, fish are "the forgotten animal," according to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

That, and she's a die-hard PETA fan. She took the slogan from the group's Web site on fishing.

Feather â€" who apparently wasn't worried about offending birds by dropping her original surname â€" requested the replacement be the full FishingHurts.com. But a judge thought that was a bit too fishy. He refused to let the Flagstaff resident use ".com" as part of her new moniker, PETA said.

"I hope that by changing my name, people will be inspired to trade in their fishing rods for hiking boots and their fish sandwiches for veggie burgers," FishingHurts said in a statement released by PETA.

Feather became a vegetarian at the age of 13 on a dare, according to PETA.

"Fish should be respected, not mutilated on hooks or dragged up from the sea," she said. "I'll remind people of that every time they say or read my name."

:roll:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd have to say, I've been fishing a bunch of times and have only been hurt maybe a couple. I wonder if she should really change her name to "HookingHurts". Of course, that may offend the prostitutes :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
haha thats rediculous. i tid bit on the extreme side. some people never cease to amaze me with stupidity.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
If she held the fish still it wouldn't hurt cause I could get a better swing at its' head ,

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Serious question. What do you think Feather FishingHurts eats? The reason I ask is because it is a known fact that lettuce suffers great pain when it is picked.
Brian PickingLettuceHurts

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Gee! I hope she doesn't fall off of her high horse an dhurt her little empty head. What a stupid little (insert appropriate word here.) :p

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
While this is amusing, it is indicative of a rising problem for all fishers, sports and commercial. PETA has deep pockets and good lawyers and will not be going away. Although we can laugh at 'Fishinghurts', there are tens of thousands who will applaud her 'dedication' to her cause.

I really don't know if our children's children will be allowed to take sharpened metal to living things.............

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I'm changing my name to "vegetables suck".
Thats funny right there...I almost spit my breakfast all over the computer when I read it.

Proudly Eating Tasty Animals for the past 29 years.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
TrollKing said:
While this is amusing, it is indicative of a rising problem for all fishers, sports and commercial. PETA has deep pockets and good lawyers and will not be going away. Although we can laugh at 'Fishinghurts', there are tens of thousands who will applaud her 'dedication' to her cause.

I really don't know if our children's children will be allowed to take sharpened metal to living things.............
Then I'll use unsharpened metal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts