Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, 07 is about done. 2008 has me deciding it time to target a few specific goals I have never achieved. Not in any particular order my 08 fishing goals are:

Silver over 20lbs. I have 10 fish in the 19ish lb range. Its time to finally break the ice. 3rd week in Sept I am making it. wink:
King over 50 - its been a while so I will be probably be heading north across the border to try and bust this one.
Sturgeon 12 feet - I have been close at 11' 6" but always wanted to break the 12 footer mark (I have no idea why other than to see if my back can handle it) :eek:
Steelhead - For me this one isnt about size. I want to catch on on my 8 weight fly rod.
Triploid over 10lbs - This ones going down in February - GUARANTEED :mrgreen:
Other Trout - Not sure I can put a goal on these fish yet as I only fly fish in montana for them 2x a year.
Tuna - I just want to go take at them. Junior has been nagging for me for 2 years so it is time to go whack em Tup:

Maybe in 09 I will get a shot at some other goals like a Tarpon on a fly.

Any of you set goals for Fishin' Tup:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Get lots of big Kings in the Salt. Want to go to Discovery Bay, Neah Bay, West Port, Queen Charllots exc....
Catch Lings and Butts.
Catch A Steelhead on a Spoon. Buy a spoon rod and reel.
Get my 4 y/o his first steelhead.
Fish with Phil!!
Go get big Triploid in Feb.
Maybe visit the Snake and Clearwater.
Fish the Satsop and Nooch.
Pull a nookie out of the Kalama.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
My only goal is to fish more in 2008 than I did this year. Tup:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Fish with Phil more often :D
Do more Silver fishing.
Catch a 30+ lb King.
Go Sturgeon fishing (in my boat).
Fish the Columbia (in my boat) for Springers, Sturgeon and Steelies.
Use my new Butt rod (that will require going out for Butts :D ).
Catch another oversized Ling (or 2).
Fish Alaska for Kings and whatever else...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
60lbs. king
20lbs. steelhead
I guess a sturgeon would be cool to add to my resume now that I have a buddy (Cordog) with a sled.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Golden trout :D
Brown trout
Summer run Steelhead
Sturgeon
and like all others a big king or two from the salt
Halibutt
Lingcod,
wow the list is still long :lol:
almost forgot, Walleye

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
30+ lb Native steelhead that I remember my tape measure and camera with, and from Washington for a nice replica mount.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Id have to say 25lb+ steelie is my only fishing goal this coming year. Maybe get a job...... NO i think I'll just keep working for myself and fish as much as i do wink: ha ha
Omar

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
More fishing - less work. My wall needs a 25+ pound steelhead mount on it. Also spend more time using the bug rods. Lastly learn how to cast (and catch fish) with my switch and spey rods.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Great topic, thanks for making me think about it!!

I think I should go with my goal for 2006. Catch at least some sort of fish each month. This seems easy,but there are months that you can just get caught up in work or family vacations. I made it in 2006, not sure if I caught a fish every month this year or not.

Specific goals:
Fish shad and oversized sturgeon again
Get out and shrimp/Ling cod fish more
Take a few new people fishing that wouldn't normally get the chance.
Have my daughter catch her first king or silver on her own. She has caught pinks and sockeye on her own.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My only goal is to fish alot and have a ton of fun doing so! Tup: I don't like to set the bar too high... :lol:

·
Banned
109 Posts
My MAIN goal is to catch my first steelhead on a fly rod from a fly that I tied from an animal that Ive killed. It may be tough but it will happen sooner or later.

Jake

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
after buying my first downrigger this year i hope to actually learn how to use it and not lose 90% of the fish that hit because i cant get the line to release or it releases when i am trolling

·
Registered
357 Posts
steelhead on a fly
Baker River sockeye
severial Kings over 20lbs
LAND a silver on a dick nite
20lb silver
some chums
not loose so much gear
catch more fish than I did this year especially silvers
And last but not least (non fishing related) break 5 minutes on my mile and run the 3200m in 11:30 or better.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts