Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up with a buddy on Friday Morning and decided to hit up Reiter, hoping it wouldn't be packed, and for the most part it wasn't too bad, anyways we walked down to the spot in the dark to see noone was fishing at the mouth of the hatchery creek, so I posted up on the left side and my buddy on the right, we fished for a while seeing and hearing other people yell fish on and finally it was bobber down and my turn, I didn't even let this hatchery (female)brat fight, I cranked the reel three times, grabbed the line and swung her on the rocks, I was not loosing my first Steelhead :lol: . My heart was pumping so fast I had to take a break for a minute :eek: I was excited to finally get this beauty of a fish that has elluded me for so long, we stayed for an hour longer and decided to try somewhere else, so we headed to the lower sky opposite of the wallace, and I almost had my second Steelhead ever, but this fish decide it would rather spit my jig at my head instead of getting bonked, oh well, I am finding out that is what Steelheading is all about. All in all it was agreat day, even saw Mayfly heading down to the river, and stopped and bs'd for a minute. That is the jig laying on the fish, 1/8 ounce pink head two red beads and white marabou :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Very Cool, Congrats on your 1st Steelie Tup:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Guru,
Congrats on your first steelie! Catching it while it is snowing makes it even better. There is something really special about catching your first steelhead. 20 years from now, you'll remember every detail, just like you caught it the day before.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Nice job, and nice fish.
I got my first one last year. What a blast. Redneckersom got me going on the jig and bobbers and it was fish on.
It's early in the season, so I bet you'll get alot more.
Bobber down!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Man, I didn't know you had never caught a steely. I would have stuffed you next to my friend that day I ran into you. He caught his first steely that morning also. Did you tip your jig like I showed you? Or just straight jig? Nice Fish!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Nice clean fish. I caught my first one a few years ago and posted it on the other thread re:your first Steelhead!

Congrads,

oldguy

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
epidemic said:
Man, I didn't know you had never caught a steely. I would have stuffed you next to my friend that day I ran into you. He caught his first steely that morning also. Did you tip your jig like I showed you? Or just straight jig? Nice Fish!
thanks everyone for the replies, I had a blast, I forgot to put it in the post but this man here is one of the guy's who showed me how and what to use to get them to bite. Epidemic, you are the man, thanks again for the tips Tup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
All I want for xmas is a bright hen!! :lol: You will never forget that heart pumping feeling. How many times did you say "Oh my god, oh my god!! :mrgreen: Many more to you!! Great job!! clap:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Hay Guru, im planing on hitting the banks alot after xmas. Let me know if ya wanna hook up and hunt down some chrome Tup:

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mayfly0013 said:
Hay Guru, im planing on hitting the banks alot after xmas. Let me know if ya wanna hook up and hunt down some chrome Tup:
Hell ya, I'm down, I will Pm ya tomorrow and let you what days I have open and see when you are going Tup:, and everyone else, thanks for the cudo's and have a merry Christmas :!:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts