Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gamefishers:

I am very pleased to be able to post my first report ever - thanks to Lip Ripper who as you know, was gracious enough to take me out and show me the ropes on fishing in the Sound.

Yesterday, my son and I left Everett Marina at day break for Hat Island... We fished the South end of the island between 90 and 140 feet, pulling a green speckled hot spot flasher and Cop Car coyote... Only had one rod in the water as I only have one downrigger and we are new to this game... Things were slow until slack tide, when we started marking bait schools... Within a two hour time frame we had five hits, three boated, and one legal... It was an awsome day, the weather was beautiful and the water calm... There were only two other boats on the water in the area that we were fishing...

Thanks to all who have helped turn the boys and I onto fishing in the Sound...

Oops.... Sorry about the Area 10 reference when initially posted... I'm sure you will all forgive me for being stoopid!!!!!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Re: First Report EVER!!!! Area 10 Blackmouth

Did Hat Island recently drift into Area 10? :D

Good report, glad you got some action.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts

I thought the same thing,maybe not at Hat Island or not area 10. Eitherway, great report and congrats on the fish. If you only have one Downrigger,you can always stack two lines on it. I don't think it will help with blackmouth as they tend to be very close to the bottom, but with silvers it can be effective to cover various levels of water. Good luck out there!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts

Good report, glad you boated some fish and got a keeper Tup:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congrats Idle!! Glad to hear you got your son into some fish. Thats what its all about. Havin fun with the family. Hope you had good new year. Lip Ripper

·
Registered
488 Posts
clap:
Good job! One rod, five hits, three to the boat in two hours; wow!
You keep that up and you'll have no problem justifying that second downrigger; and before you know it, you will be the one showing a new saltchuck angler the ropes.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Great report, good job Tup:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sounds like a fun day! Now that you've made your first report, and you're figuring out the saltwater side, you need to put "posting pictures" on your to-do list. Those of us without a boat need the pictures!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Trust me, enough time on the water and you'll start calling out points, coves and houses in your reports. It's not being stoopid it's just being green. You keep going at the rate you're going and you'll be an old-salt in no time. Congrats on a great day. T

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gentlemen:

Thanks for the encouragement... We smoked the boys fish and it was absolutely delicious!!! I'm already checking the NOAA forecast for this weekend... If the weather will cooperate we will be back out on the water this weekend... Might try Possession as I believe it is now open... If not there, then we will be back at Hat, perhaps fishing the Race Track rather than the south end of the island...

I was reading in an section of the old website where the GF gang hits Neah Bay each year... Is that still done???

Regards,

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Idle-

Area 9 opens on Jan 16...Possession is in Area 9.

Try your luck in 8-2 where you were at last time or venture down to the Kingston area in Area 10 (very northern edge).

Hope to have my boat back in the water by next weekend to start contributing more BM reports.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the report that is one of my favorite areas to fish and is usually productive. I just hope I can get out and try soon. Keep at it and keep the reports comming. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Idlechater said:
Okay:

I think I figured out how to post pics, so here is a try....
That is a chrome fish good job Tup: Tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts