Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are your thoughts? What do you plan to spend it on? Looks like it's going to be $600 for singles and $1,200. for maried couples and possibly as soon as 10 weeks.

The wife and I may just tuck it away in savings, which I guess will go against the reason for receiving it.

Jig'n

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I would imagine it will go towards our house. I need a trolling motor for my 10' Livingston though. Tup:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Boat accessories for the rebate, my tax return always goes for a week of vacation in Fork's fishing for Steelhead in March Tup:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
What I want to do with it and what I end up doing with it are most likely 2 different things, it will probably be spent on our new house.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Metal Slave said:
I will probably pay another 4 or 5k again this year. Thanks Bunkle Sam. You take and take and take...
If you owe taxes, you will still receive your rebate if:

You are an individual and make under 75K per year.
Maried couple and make under 150K per year

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
$1200 + 300 per kid. $3100 for us. Too bad our twins arent' fully adopted yet - that'd be another $600.

I wouldn't have voted for this, but I won't have any trouble finding a good use for the money...

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Snoqualmiesteel said:
I wouldn't have voted for this, but I won't have any trouble finding a good use for the money...
That's how I feel. And I wish they made it so it was a "volunteer". It's going straight to savings for my little one, since she'll likely to be footing the bill in the end. sick:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I never look at additional money as spending money. I recently received a decent pay raise at work and am collecting VA disability. We were already fairly comfortable with our finances, so most of this money goes into savings and the GET program for our kids college. Tup:

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
This is nothing more than a bunch of politicians pandering and exploiting a current issue to score points. People who don't even pay taxes are gonna get a rebate and there's no plan to help business owners and corporation. Let's not just redistribute wealth, lets come up with real policies to spur economic growth and jobs not this BS rebate. If you pay income tax It's your money. How about the government taking less to start with.. Tup:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
fishinfoolz said:
This is nothing more than a bunch of politicians pandering and exploiting a current issue to score points. People who don't even pay taxes are gonna get a rebate and there's no plan to help business owners and corporation. Let's not just redistribute wealth, lets come up with real policies to spur economic growth and jobs not this BS rebate. If you pay income tax It's your money. How about the government taking less to start with.. Tup:
If they took less to start with then they couldn't give a sum back in a rebate to look good.
When is all this suppose to happen? Maybe I could take a trip with Phil with it.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
fishinfoolz said:
Although I agree with all of your points, the lowest income earners that receive this rebate are the ones most likely to spend it like the economists want. As for me and mine, I'll probably put it into a college fund.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Whadda ya know ff... we kinda agree!

I think this rebate is just as stupid as the first one. We ALREADY have a huge budgetary deficit... so guess where this money will ACTUALLY come from?

If you said Communist China... you'd most likely be right.

Just look at what a lot of you have said. "I'm gonna save it." That's great for you the individual... but it doesn't stimulate the economy any.

Tax breaks for small businesses and the middle-class... and maybe some investment in our infrastructure would help too, IMO.

Metal Slave - Do you pay quarterly Income tax? Do you have enough withheld? The IRS penalizes you for owing more than $3,000 I believe?

If you owe $4 to $5,000 in one shot... perhaps you might benefit from the services of a good accountant?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
If I understand this thing correctly, it seems that married couples get $1200 and then an additional $300 per child. Also there is some stuff in the bill to help businesses as well. Also Kennedy and Rangel want to extend unemployment benefits and food stamps too. Kind of funny that the same cast of characters have no problem now running up the deficit but 12 months ago they were all "deficit hawks". Wind must have shifted. I'm taking my $1800 and going on vacation this summer. I heard last night that checks should start going out in May and delivery should be complete by July.

Under the agreement announced by the White House, Boehner and Pelosi, individual taxpayers would get up to $600 in rebates, working couples $1,200 and those with children an additional $300 per child. In a key concession to Democrats, 35 million families who make at least $3,000 but don't pay taxes would get $300 rebates.

For businesses, the stimulus measure would allow them immediate tax write-offs for 50 percent of the purchase price of plants and other capital equipment and permit small businesses to write off additional purchases of equipment. A provision to allow businesses suffering losses now to reclaim taxes previously paid was dropped in end-stage talks.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm gonna do my part to help the economy. Every last penny of my $2100.00 will be promptly spent on stuff for my boat!!! Just doing my part to be a good American... wink:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
1. Get tax refund.
2. Buy LOADS of Lotto tickets
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!

Thats my plan... mhmm... support the educational system or whatever that money goes to :p

Actually, probably save it and spend it all next year on a reef tank... Stupid Iceshark and FF posting up cool pics of their reef tank...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts